ezmoney
  •  ezmoney
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Operations Topic Starter
Tuesday, April 7, 2009 1:39:54 AM
ok I found out that you don't ask for who is where, you buy an ad and post it looking for work, or so I was told. anyway what language should we be brushing up on for the season this year? I have noticed that on most of the big shows, There is eather mexicaan or now brizillian workers on the show owned rides and food concessions. I for one understand cutting back and trying to show a profit, So you import 50 or a hundred migrent worker, they work harder, cheeper, and do it for so much less and most of all, they stay on the lot and no problems with the locals!!!!!. No bars to repair, or unhappy residents from loud bashes in their back yard. and they keep to their own so the wives and daughters are less at risk. who would have thought. just wanting some discushion on this HOT TOPIC.
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2:38:22 AM
I couldnt figure out why a showman couldnt come on a carnival site and post about needing a hole without buying a classified ad, while others can pimp their ebay sales, making money off the site, without buying an ad.. Its not like your selling something, just looking for a hole. I DO realize there are expenses in keeping this site going, but a guy looking for a job, isnt going to have the spare bucks to buy an ad, but dang sure ought to be able to ask for help here. Just my opinion
ezmoney
  •  ezmoney
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2:55:39 AM
Thanks, and that is the way I was looking at it, oh well, warehouse is a good discription,
ladderman
Tuesday, April 7, 2009 4:21:26 AM
You were right in most of what you said, they work harder cleaner and dont cause any problems. (most of the time) However on our show at least they do not work for less, they get paid just as much or more (depending on what kind of worker they are) than anybody else. You also have to figure in travel costs because show owners pay for them to get here and to send them home. So i think most people are not thinking about cutitng back and turning more of a profit but wanting to have a nice clean looking crew that is reliable and doesnt cause any problems.

Also that is s***ty you have to buy ad space.
jimb
  •  jimb
  • 52.34% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Tuesday, April 7, 2009 6:26:19 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rhino

I couldnt figure out why a showman couldnt come on a carnival site and post about needing a hole without buying a classified ad, while others can pimp their ebay sales, making money off the site, without buying an ad.. Its not like your selling something, just looking for a hole. I DO realize there are expenses in keeping this site going, but a guy looking for a job, isnt going to have the spare bucks to buy an ad, but dang sure ought to be able to ask for help here. Just my opinion

Give them time they will be pimpin' their models on Used
Rides
Carnie_Joe930
Tuesday, April 7, 2009 7:55:20 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rhino

I couldnt figure out why a showman couldnt come on a carnival site and post about needing a hole without buying a classified ad, while others can pimp their ebay sales, making money off the site, without buying an ad...

Yeah Pinetar...

[:(!]

Hahahahaaa
Matt C.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009 9:06:45 AM
You dont have to buy an ad if you are looking for work. You have to buy an ad if you are trying to promote help for your show or operation. That wouldnt be fair to our advertisers.

http://marketplace.carnivalwarehouse.com 

As for Ebay ads posted on the forum, that is something we are considering as well. We have been very linient with that but do forsee it as a potential problem.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
ezmoney
  •  ezmoney
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Tuesday, April 7, 2009 11:21:36 AM
and now we know the rest of the story,, thanks matt, when it comes from the top, there can be no doubt.
Matt C.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009 11:27:14 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by ezmoney

and now we know the rest of the story,, thanks matt, when it comes from the top, there can be no doubt.

No problem... I was out of town last week, so I am unsure about what may have happened to your post but there was probably some confusion regarding the type of posting. If thats the case, its my fault for not properly explaining the rule in the first place [B)].
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
ezmoney
  •  ezmoney
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Tuesday, April 7, 2009 11:37:35 AM
again thanks matt. by the way if you ever are looking for action or just want a hole for spot help, you got it big dog.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, April 7, 2009 11:47:34 AM
Quote:

quote:

again thanks matt. by the way if you ever are looking for action or just want a hole for spot help, you got it big dog.

You ain't gonna get no ACTION unless you have the buckle! LOL [;)]
UserPostedImage
hearts62806
Tuesday, April 7, 2009 3:42:39 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Quote:

quote:

You ain't gonna get no ACTION unless you have the buckle! LOL [;)]

I have that belt buckle :]
I got it at i think Pac Sun like 4 years ago.
YOU ONlY liVE ONCE; SO MAKE iT COUNT!
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, April 7, 2009 4:04:09 PM
Quote:

quote:

I have that belt buckle :]
I got it at i think Pac Sun like 4 years ago.

Well, give us a testamonial, did it like increase your popularity with the women?
UserPostedImage
ezmoney
  •  ezmoney
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Tuesday, April 7, 2009 7:24:38 PM
I couldn't get it to take tokens so i donated mine to the seniours home. hope they have better luck then i did. the office wanted their cut and demanded I use tokens. lmao
petekoloz
Wednesday, April 8, 2009 8:32:28 AM
Quote:

quote:

ok I found out that you don't ask for who is where, you buy an ad and post it looking for work, or so I was told. anyway what language should we be brushing up on for the season this year? I have noticed that on most of the big shows, There is eather mexicaan or now brizillian workers on the show owned rides and food concessions. I for one understand cutting back and trying to show a profit, So you import 50 or a hundred migrent worker, they work harder, cheeper, and do it for so much less and most of all, they stay on the lot and no problems with the locals!!!!!. No bars to repair, or unhappy residents from loud bashes in their back yard. and they keep to their own so the wives and daughters are less at risk. who would have thought. just wanting some discushion on this HOT TOPIC.

I'm not trying to sound racist but instead of making your foreign
workers wear showshirts and uniform ball caps why not dress
them in traditional costume from their homeland?
The Mexicans in sombrero and poncho with bandolero & pistola.
The Russians in Cossack gear with riding boots and fur hats.
The South Afrikans in kakis and pith helmets.
Capitalize on their foreign origins.
Your American workers can wear Wal-Mart smocks....