Monday, March 9, 2009 7:26:54 PM
Cant go wrong with the Fun Slide.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
ringmaster
Tuesday, March 10, 2009 10:46:43 AM
I like the Funni-Frite Alpine Funhouse, but he doesn't list it anymore.
CONKO316
Tuesday, March 10, 2009 10:53:49 AM
It depends on what you want Kris.

For a beginner to RAH, Matt makes a good point, as the slide is one of the easier kits, and can look really good with some work.

The funhouses/darkrides are decent as well.

As for some of the larger rides, I have owned quite a few. I found the Zipper to be fairly easy, just time consuming. I'll say it now, whatever you decide on, it will take a fair amount of work, and dedication. The are not simple snap together kits.

I'm assuming this would be your first kit. So I'm going to go with the slide as well, as it gives you a feel for the vaccum formed plastic, and the typical RAH assembly process.
UserPostedImage

Justin
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, March 10, 2009 3:11:28 PM
Alpine Fun House, IMHO, was the easiest I have built from RAH, I would imagine all of his fun houses are relatively easy. The Venture River was easy as well, Slide was okay. There are a bunch of RAH kits for sale on Ebay right now, estate sale I believe it says.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
skydiver77
Tuesday, March 10, 2009 7:23:56 PM
The by far easiest RAH kit i've put together is the Gravitron. The trailer takes some work, but the ride itself?, piece of cake! All it is, is 2 halves of the ship itself and you glue it together. This thing might could probably be motorized with a Faller motor. I have thought of buying it back and motorizing it like that, and getting the Thriller/Gravitron sign to actually light up / flash each word off & on like the real sign does, or used to. I definately like the original Gravitron over a StarShip 2000 or those re-themed Gravitron rides, they look outa place. Nothing beats the original Gravitron name & theming.

~Ben
AGS
  •  AGS
  • 55.38% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 11:49:31 AM
Hey Rimgmaster, I just checked RAH'S website, and he does still list the Alpine Fun House kit. Oh.... and I as well agree - The Slide, and the Venture river are the 2 easiest kits from RAH to build.
awesomecarnie
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 7:21:54 PM
Buy a Tilt, Ring of Fire or one of the hamptons...and you can go wrong on his slide.
If you don't like Hank Williams, you can kiss my ass.
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 11:22:08 PM
Of all the RAH models I have built, the Tilt was the hardest, I ended up scrapping it. That said, it was really my fault, I had no idea what I was in for and made that my first RAH to try and build. Now I know better. LOL (And I am willing to try one again.)
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain