with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, February 23, 2009 5:09:25 AM
How many times have you left or seen something left where it should fall off and it rides the whole jump there????

I wondered where I left my Coke....

http://www.raleigh3.com/...ax=&rebed=&rebat 
Pizzagod
Monday, February 23, 2009 5:17:11 AM
I've had coffee stay on a bumper for a short jump (like 30 miles) but it always amazes me when a drink stays on my counter for a long one (like 200 or better).

When I was young and dumb and full of cum I left a bank deposit bag on the roof of my car and went all the way from the restaurant I was managing to the bank with it there (20 miles).
For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.
Flying Coaster
Monday, February 23, 2009 5:17:44 AM
I left 2 very heavy 12,000 volt neon transformers sitting on the back end of the bed on the boom truck after servicing a hi-rise sign last summer, drove about 60 miles back to the shop & they were still there but had slid back over the edge about a third of their length. Puckered my sphincter when I saw it, that could have been a real bad deal.
All Skywheels should be yeller.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, February 23, 2009 5:32:52 AM
I made a trip of about 15 miles or so with my playland, and left some paperwork on the spare tire which was mounted on the hitch, .... no clip board, or nothing, just laid the paper (2-3 sheets) and got to the spot, went to unhook and there it set.

I think about that all the time and it still amazes me.
Erik9976
Monday, February 23, 2009 5:48:16 AM
I left a bottle of water on the slide part of the Raiders. Needless to say it made it frm Gaithersburg MD to Rutland VT.
booker
Monday, February 23, 2009 6:10:01 AM
years ago I was helping someone move there gator in the pouring rain about 3am.. we got kinda lost so we stopped in the middle of no where.. Then some guy pulls up riding a 10speed bike with the gator lead line around his shoulder.. dont know how it came off but it made it to the spot
2ndgencarnie
Monday, February 23, 2009 6:15:00 AM
I had a stray cat jump into the lower section of a Fun Slide and it made about a 75 mile jump across Indiana...lol
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, February 23, 2009 7:05:56 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

I had a stray cat jump into the lower section of a Fun Slide and it made about a 75 mile jump across Indiana...lol

Ding! Ding! You win!
Matt C.
Monday, February 23, 2009 7:16:57 AM
Anyone ever try putting a cup of water in the dead center of a pirate ship ride (Pharaohs Fury, Sea Dragon, Etc) and run the ride? It always amazes me at how it doesnt move... lol
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
FNO Sean
  •  FNO Sean
  • 57.68% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, February 23, 2009 7:56:26 AM
Soda cans behind pickup cabs and in areas where no air travels always remain in the same spot when I try. The old bottle of water trick on our Wisdom Tornado is a fun test for our NYC inspectors who want to see if the ride is leveled correctly. The bottle of water on the Fury would be interesting.
Matt C.
Monday, February 23, 2009 8:08:09 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by FNO Sean

Soda cans behind pickup cabs and in areas where no air travels always remain in the same spot when I try. The old bottle of water trick on our Wisdom Tornado is a fun test for our NYC inspectors who want to see if the ride is leveled correctly. The bottle of water on the Fury would be interesting.

Whats the trick for the tornado?
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
FNO Sean
  •  FNO Sean
  • 57.68% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, February 23, 2009 8:21:27 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Matt C.

Quote:

quote:

Put a full water bottle on the base of the car spinner and if it falls the ride is not leveled. Most of the time the bottle never falls even if the ride is off. The inspectors just like to bust balls.
Bowler Roller
Monday, February 23, 2009 8:29:07 AM
I guess our roads aren't as bad as many want us to think.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
john777
  •  john777
  • 67.28% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, February 23, 2009 8:49:38 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bowler Roller

I guess our roads aren't as bad as many want us to think.

nyc chicago nj and most of the northeast have some of finest roads in the country.you are lucky if still got your load behind you but if somebody puts a bag of trash on your trailer it will stay on for sure.
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, February 23, 2009 9:11:57 AM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Matt C.

Quote:

quote:

Put a full water bottle on the base of the car spinner and if it falls the ride is not leveled. Most of the time the bottle never falls even if the ride is off. The inspectors just like to bust balls.

Let me get this straight. The inspector uses a bottle of water to check for level?
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!