Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:28:13 PM
Yeah, several shows experienced problems with the Inverter.

So everyone knows, I have never heard of any accidents with the ARM rides.
cme
  •  cme
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:37:19 PM
slick379
Thursday, February 12, 2009 6:03:37 PM
wish i would have went ,could have used the scrambler,and some kid rides
JustJeff
Thursday, February 12, 2009 11:57:38 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cme

equipment was very rough

Still for $200 I would have set it up in the back yard for the kids...LOL...Unless that was a typo...heck the trailer alone is worth how much....Oh and by the way....see ya tomorrow('[:D]')..jeff
Flying Coaster
Friday, February 13, 2009 12:35:44 AM
The leveling mechanism on the A.R.M. rides is a very different animal from the system on the Huss Rainbow. The A.R.M's have the twin external drive shafts which are easy to inspect & repair while the Huss has a single shaft running down the inside center of the boom. At the points where the boom separates from the carriage and the hub, the shaft sections are connected with interlocking dogs.
All Skywheels should be yeller.
cny_chris
Friday, February 13, 2009 6:18:55 AM
Thanks for the reports from the auction. Not surprised by most of the prices, as a lot of that stuff has been sitting for quite a while. Sky Ride does surprise me, but it goes to show what happens at an auction when two people want the same thing real bad. Can't wait to hear what plans Steve Swika might have for that Sky Wheel. Anyone know who picked up the PTC Carousel?
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Friday, February 13, 2009 6:22:06 AM
tinsley and stan in attendance.

Fast auction. Strates was doing some good WQ work on there thunderbolt and zipper
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
cny_chris
Friday, February 13, 2009 6:25:26 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

Strates was doing some good WQ work on there thunderbolt and zipper

Good to hear. Zipper was badly in need of a refurb.

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Erik9976
Friday, February 13, 2009 11:14:37 AM
And from what I understand after the Inverter accident Drew refuses to buy anymore rides that were made by Chance. They got rid of their Chainsaw a few yrs ago. Only Chance pieces on the show now are Alpine Bobs and Century Wheel I think
cny_chris
Friday, February 13, 2009 4:10:33 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Tre in GA

Thats true Eric. I think thier carosel is a chance tho, I might be mistaken tho. The wheel and bobs were both for sale for awhile. I belive at the WQ they still have a 1976 chance Flying Bobs as well.
They had alot of issues with the lighting on that Chainsaw, I know for awhile the backside of the ride never lit, and they quite using the sign too. Shame too as that was a unique piece.
tre
Im wrong, the carosel is an herschell, took a look at thier website.
Another thing I wished theyd ditch the alpine and bring the Flying Bobs back out, it had at one point a great wizard paint job.
tre

The story I have heard about Drew's carousel is that they had upgraded the scenery at one point from the old Herschell pieces to new Chance scenery. As a part of the "Chance purge", they brought the Herschell scenery back out of storage and ditched the Chance scenery.

Larry Smith
Saturday, February 14, 2009 9:04:06 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cny_chris

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Tre in GA

Thats true Eric. I think thier carosel is a chance tho, I might be mistaken tho. The wheel and bobs were both for sale for awhile. I belive at the WQ they still have a 1976 chance Flying Bobs as well.
They had alot of issues with the lighting on that Chainsaw, I know for awhile the backside of the ride never lit, and they quite using the sign too. Shame too as that was a unique piece.
tre
Im wrong, the carosel is an herschell, took a look at thier website.
Another thing I wished theyd ditch the alpine and bring the Flying Bobs back out, it had at one point a great wizard paint job.
tre

The story I have heard about Drew's carousel is that they had upgraded the scenery at one point from the old Herschell pieces to new Chance scenery. As a part of the "Chance purge", they brought the Herschell scenery back out of storage and ditched the Chance scenery.

WOW......Talk about being blackballed.....
HUSSRAINBOW
Sunday, February 15, 2009 3:57:21 AM
Rainbow's not being operated at all..... I find that hard to believe, since a technical bulletin from Huss was sent out, in ways the ride can be fixed/changed in order to ensure the safety. Our one here in Australia, which is kept in New South Wales had the lower arm sent to Melbourne to be welded and worked on, in order for the 2009 Sydney Royal Melbourne Show. I highly doubt that the owners of the ride took matters into their own hands and worked on the shafts without knowing what to do etc.
Ours will be running in early April.
UserPostedImage
Greg
  •  Greg
  • 55.58% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, February 25, 2009 1:23:41 PM
Anyone know anything about the Monster tubs? Were at least 8 of them usable for an Octopus?
My albums are all on Facebook!
Matt C.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009 5:59:05 PM
I was told that the Rainbows could be operated again in the US... recently.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Erik9976
Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:16:55 PM
Thats good. The Rainbow is a neat ride.