Bowler Roller
Sunday, February 8, 2009 11:07:15 AM
Quote:

quote:


....Well back in the day we used to call that punk robbing and I almost went up to the dude



Did the guy call him in? How big is your kid? Did he pay more than once?

Playing one game, at half price, isn't what I'd call punk robbing. I used to get kids bugging me to play joints they couldn't win. I'd try to discourage them, but I'd eventually take a buck, and let them have at it. I'd usually let them keep playing until I called someone else in.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
JustJeff
Sunday, February 8, 2009 11:30:14 AM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by Bowler Roller

Quote:

quote:


....Well back in the day we used to call that punk robbing and I almost went up to the dude



Did the guy call him in? How big is your kid? Did he pay more than once?

Playing one game, at half price, isn't what I'd call punk robbing. I used to get kids bugging me to play joints they couldn't win. I'd try to discourage them, but I'd eventually take a buck, and let them have at it. I'd usually let them keep playing until I called someone else in.



Yes he called him in.
He was 10..and it wasn't a half price break...He told him it was his last dollar...It is what it is..sugar coat it if you want,but we know what it was...
I have been in the same scenerio you described and it wasn't that...jeff
Bowler Roller
Sunday, February 8, 2009 4:09:25 PM
Ok. Don't blame you then.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
murraykook
Sunday, February 8, 2009 5:58:05 PM
there is some pukes out there
JustJeff
Monday, February 9, 2009 12:10:22 AM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by Bowler Roller

Ok. Don't blame you then.



Well,like I said above,I was gonna go say something,but it wasn't worth the hassle...Maybe he had a bet with someone on who would break the ice first (it was early),maybe he was green (though I doubt it in that type of joint),or as I said above maybe he just needed that dollar that bad---That's why I just let it go.

I would tell kids they had to have a parent with them when they tried to play,that usually worked..

I know what you are saying however ,It is hard when kids are shoving money at you to say no--But the if the people I was around saw you playing a kid---It would not be pleasant,plus my own sense of morals(skewed as they were at the time)wouldn't allow me...jeff
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, February 9, 2009 2:28:45 AM
There is so much mis-information is this topic it's not even funny....
obol
  •  obol
  • 51.3% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Monday, February 9, 2009 2:32:31 AM
you say it was the kids last buck...then you say it was early ...why take the kid to the fair if you dont have money to spend?...sounds like a made up story to me..and whats the point?[?]
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, February 9, 2009 2:33:41 AM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by obol

you say it was the kids last buck...then you say it was early ...why take the kid to the fair if you dont have money to spend?...sounds like a made up story to me..and whats the point?[?]

And a Buck sure is'nt Punk Robbin....
JustJeff
Monday, February 9, 2009 2:53:50 AM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by obol

you say it was the kids last buck...then you say it was early ...why take the kid to the fair if you dont have money to spend?...sounds like a made up story to me..and whats the point?[?]



Number one- I don't make up stories.

Number 2 why it was his last buck is totally irrelevant..

We go for the parade and wristbands and I give the kids a few bucks if you really must know.Do you need to know every detail??I didn't name names or the show.It was simply a conversation that seems to have taken a wrong turn,and I apologise if I offended anyone.

I will repeat----I do not make up stories or exaggerate and am offended at the statement..

I have been posting here for a year now on a lot of topics and this is the first time I have been accused of that....jeff


JustJeff
Monday, February 9, 2009 2:55:18 AM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by obol

you say it was the kids last buck...then you say it was early ...why take the kid to the fair if you dont have money to spend?...sounds like a made up story to me..and whats the point?[?]

And a Buck sure is'nt Punk Robbin....




It ain't the buck----It is the method---and I didn't invent the term....jeff
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, February 9, 2009 5:21:30 AM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by JustJeff

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by obol

you say it was the kids last buck...then you say it was early ...why take the kid to the fair if you dont have money to spend?...sounds like a made up story to me..and whats the point?[?]

And a Buck sure is'nt Punk Robbin....




It ain't the buck----It is the method---and I didn't invent the term....jeff


Letting a Kid play for a Buck last one or not still is'nt Punk Robbin....

The kid was 10 how does he know if he was called in or not??? He must of really wanted to Play or he would'nt of gave up his last Dollar...I've seen kids that managed their money better then most adults...

Only letting your kids play Prize Everytime joints are fine to a Point...But, sooner or later you are gonna have to let them rely on themselves to either win or lose...otherwise they will have a false sense of entitlement and will get a harsh lesson when they enter the real world on their own.

For the record I've had as many if not more kids beat my Tub joint then adults...When they win they win big and if they fail, atleast they tried and had fun...
cakes
  •  cakes
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help
Monday, February 9, 2009 8:35:55 AM
I think the point jeff is trying to make is that there is right and wrong things to do on a midway. I'm on the food end and sometimes some kid will come up with only a buck or two, i always try to give them something, not everybody is trying to beat you, so don't try to beat them.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, February 9, 2009 9:00:33 AM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by cakes

I think the point jeff is trying to make is that there is right and wrong things to do on a midway. I'm on the food end and sometimes some kid will come up with only a buck or two, i always try to give them something, not everybody is trying to beat you, so don't try to beat them.

If that guy did'nt take the kids dollar someone else would of...Besides what else could the kid do with a buck??? Nothing.
JustJeff
Monday, February 9, 2009 10:52:40 AM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by cakes

I think the point jeff is trying to make is that there is right and wrong things to do on a midway. I'm on the food end and sometimes some kid will come up with only a buck or two, i always try to give them something, not everybody is trying to beat you, so don't try to beat them.

If that guy did'nt take the kids dollar someone else would of...Besides what else could the kid do with a buck??? Nothing.



I agree with you there Glenn,

I wish I had not said what I said,but I can not change it now..I could delete it ,but it has been quoted so I can't change that..I started out trying to answer some questions ,but this thread got morphed away as topics often do....My fault again..

There is more to this story than I will put on an open board as to the method,but I really don't want to.

Being accused of making it up has bugged me all day...But if this dies away I will be happy...jeff
Hula_Honey
Tuesday, February 10, 2009 2:29:01 PM
Hmmmmm... I agree. Punk Robbing is a completely different story than what we have here. I'm just not going to go into any details........
Users browsing this topic
  • OceanSpiders 2.0