massachusettsman
Sunday, February 8, 2009 3:14:07 AM
JustJeff
Sunday, February 8, 2009 4:37:05 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by massachusettsman

I know this sounds really stupid but what is a build up?

It is where you play relatively easy game Mini-baskets for example,and you get a slightly larger prize that you trade up as you keep playing.

Example You make a basket for one dollar-you get a small stuffed animal or some type of slum..play again for a dollar,make it -trade the first prize for the next size up,and so on The big stuffed animals you see take many wins to get...Basically selling stock.

Hope I didn't give away any trade secrets,just don't ask about certain other joints and you will be okay..

Hope this helps...jeff
massachusettsman
Sunday, February 8, 2009 4:57:05 AM
JustJeff
Sunday, February 8, 2009 5:19:23 AM
Quote:

quote:

O thank you ive got suckered into that a few to many times

No problem,but your choice of words could be better('[;)]')..I am pretty sure the rules were there,and you chose to continue..

My ex worked many build -ups and would always explain how many wins it would take to get a certain prize,if the customer asked..

Common sense would prevail if I saw what was coming from under the counter after 2 or 3 plays,I would ask the question...jeff
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, February 8, 2009 6:11:04 AM
Quote:

quote:

Your donation was appricaited....lol
massachusettsman
Sunday, February 8, 2009 6:27:46 AM
Im not insulting the person running the game its just so tempting especially on the games where you can win such things as ps3's and money
JustJeff
Sunday, February 8, 2009 6:39:29 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:

LOL...I like the ones that want to impress their girlfriends and skip the steps ,and offer to pay the total amount for the number of tries needed to get the prize the want up front----and then miss the shot....My ex always told them they HAVE to make the shot...jeff
JustJeff
Sunday, February 8, 2009 6:40:55 AM
Quote:

quote:

Im not insulting the person running the game its just so tempting especially on the games where you can win such things as ps3's and money

Never saw build ups with that kind of flash----not saying they aren't out there,just have not seen that on build-ups....jeff
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, February 8, 2009 7:48:01 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:

[:D]
massachusettsman
Sunday, February 8, 2009 8:30:30 AM
This was actually a very unique game that I had never seen before. You had to shoot down pegs that had a letter or number on the back and if you got 3 shots and if you spelt out a number you got that much money or a word such as ps3 or wii you won that but the catch was the more expensive the prize the less number of blocks that have the letter. Each time you played the give would give you a free block.
Bowler Roller
Sunday, February 8, 2009 9:32:41 AM
Without build ups, there'd be few games at which your kids could win.

If I were to take my kids down a midway and didn't recognize any of the joints, I'd only allow them to play the build ups.

Florida fuzz know absolutely nothing about the games. I've seen them take easy to win joints, and force the operator to make them much harder, sometimes even impossible, in order to open.

If it has a flat surface, they make you level it, totally ignoring the laws of physics.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
JustJeff
Sunday, February 8, 2009 9:38:20 AM
Quote:

quote:

This was actually a very unique game that I had never seen before. You had to shoot down pegs that had a letter or number on the back and if you got 3 shots and if you spelt out a number you got that much money or a word such as ps3 or wii you won that but the catch was the more expensive the prize the less number of blocks that have the letter. Each time you played the give would give you a free block.

Don't sound like a build-up to me....Sounds like something else,but I will say no more.('[:D]')
JustJeff
Sunday, February 8, 2009 9:45:01 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bowler Roller

Without build ups, there'd be few games at which your kids could win.

If I were to take my kids down a midway and didn't recognize any of the joints, I'd only allow them to play the build ups.

Florida fuzz know absolutely nothing about the games. I've seen them take easy to win joints, and force the operator to make them much harder, sometimes even impossible, in order to open.

If it has a flat surface, they make you level it, totally ignoring the laws of physics.

I let mine play duck ponds or water race type games,and my oldest son is getting big enough that I let him play skill games..star dart or even the long range basketball...It's his money,and I tell him it is very difficult,explaining that these guys wouldn't be in business long if they gave out those big stuffed animals all the time..

What ticked me off one time was he came up and said the guy let him play a game for a dollar that was supposed to be two...I asked him which one and he showed me a bank-a ball....Well back in the day we used to call that punk robbing and I almost went up to the dude,But then I figured if he needed that dollar that bad,to hell with it....jeff
Larry Smith
Sunday, February 8, 2009 9:46:21 AM
Ahhhh build-ups have been around forever.....Even on TV!!! Ever watch The Price Is Right or Let's Make a Deal???? Kind of the same concept if u ask me...[:D]
chief
Sunday, February 8, 2009 10:11:37 AM
yes is not bob barker a flattie????
"the party in hell has been canceled, do to the fire"