Nick
  •  Nick
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help Topic Starter
Monday, February 2, 2009 1:29:17 PM
Hi all, I am in search of a swing ride. I was wondering if this kit is worth it. I remember someone saying that it is not to scale? Is this the case? Would this be a good represention of a Swing ride you see on the midways here in the U.S.? Is there any other pros and cons regarding this kit? Thanks advance, Nick -
kris0106
  •  kris0106
  • 53.7% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, February 2, 2009 2:00:10 PM
i buy me last sum for 200.00
it nice swing ride it go up and down
me is all most down sit i work on now
SideWinder
Monday, February 2, 2009 2:09:14 PM
Here is a pic of the one I own that is displayed on our model shows:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

In my opinion it's very worth it. Although the graphics you see on mine was custom made. It is to scale so don't worry about that.

I would also recommend Warren Renauld's Yo-Yo. That is a good peice as well....
Nick
  •  Nick
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help Topic Starter
Monday, February 2, 2009 3:23:37 PM
Wow, They do look great. Glad to hear it is to scale.. Maybe I was thinking about the IHC swinger.
Sven
  •  Sven
  • 52.64% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, February 2, 2009 10:11:25 PM
It a nice modelride. I really like it.

Actually it is in scale, but the seats are not. It does not work like a real waveswinger.
There is a "small" modification needed.
[url=periocus.de]UserPostedImage[/url]

Modelle - Dioramen - Design
proud member since 2003
FACEBOOK 
DrNickRiviera995
Tuesday, February 3, 2009 2:50:03 AM
It's nice from what I've seen of it, I have one but it's still only partialy assembled.

Depends what type of midway you want. The older Chair-O-Plane Faller made is pretty nice and the light bars are lit from within the ride which is a pretty cool feature. It may be a good representation of American carnivals or fairs. Warren Renauld's Yo-Yo would also be a good fit, but I beileve he's only taking orders on a limited basis right now, if at all. But his stuff is top-notch if you get a chance to get any of it.

If your doing anything like an amusement park though, you'll want the Wave Swinger.
Ryan Russell
Tuesday, February 3, 2009 3:27:12 AM
Warren told me at me a few years ago he only built two Yo Yo's and didnt plan on building anymore. He might have changed his mind since then but he said it was a very difficult model to build.
SideWinder
Tuesday, February 3, 2009 10:46:28 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan Russell

Warren told me at me a few years ago he only built two Yo Yo's and didnt plan on building anymore. He might have changed his mind since then but he said it was a very difficult model to build.

Offer him the right $$$$ and he will build anything you want him to build....[;)][;)]
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, February 3, 2009 2:13:49 PM
The kit is definitely worth it, very realistic looking and fits in perfectly on an HO-scale layout. I like the scenery that come with the kit, very colourful, and makes it look different than just a plain everyone has the same scenery Wave Swinger. Just my opinion though. I added a sign on top of the booth out front just for decoration. I built mine to be motorized but have never hooked it up to run. When I put it on a layout, I usually don't use the backwall trailer that comes with it, and I saved the figures that came with it for use on another model down the road.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain