flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, January 21, 2009 1:50:15 PM
I am going to the Fort Worth Stock tomorrow for a while to kabitz and take pics. Let me know if you have a request as to pics or getting info. I'll do what I can......

They open at 4 so not many on the midway then, Temp was 80 but cold coming in. Tommy and Mary bought a sharp looking kiddie scrambler. Too early to tell if the spot will be up or down. The few people that were there were spending.

I added more pics and have one video in the mix. I'll try to get the others to upload later.
http://good-times.websho.../569747543DAormS?start=0 

I wasn't going mention this but the local police wanted to see the pics I was taking. Seems if you have a camera they want your ID. She did say someone asked that she talk to me. She told me after seeing the pics there was no problem. Her words were, "My God, you take pics of everything." I told her to visit this site and she'd she the pics. It also help when I told her we could go to the office and speak to the owner. It's getting stupid out there. People have no common sense anymore.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
2ndgencarnie
Wednesday, January 21, 2009 2:05:42 PM
Joints, Joints & Joints...

BTW, if you have any extra time, close up of Joints...[8D][8D][8D]
porkchopexpress
Wednesday, January 21, 2009 2:28:48 PM
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, January 21, 2009 2:35:58 PM
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, January 21, 2009 2:38:07 PM
Soda Guy
Wednesday, January 21, 2009 2:51:51 PM
Flamo

If you couldtalk to someone in food or on the ticket sale end of it and try to see if the spot is up same or down from last year. And % wise by how much. I would really be interested in seeing some information like this. It could be a good judge for the next few months.

Thanks and have fun
2ndgencarnie
Wednesday, January 21, 2009 3:19:41 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

PBQs??? [:D]

Alright, I could go for that too...
Skywheelrider
Thursday, January 22, 2009 8:58:42 PM
Great photos Flamo, she was right, you do take photos of everything....well, almost everything. LOL A shame that folks have to be paranoid like that, but I was at a spot taking some photos and the festival committee manager actually came up to me and said someone had asked him to talk to me and see what I was up to, and then stopped and said, "Oh, you work for the show, in the office. Okay, sorry to trouble you. If you get some good photos, can you email a few to us for our website?" (It was my first time playing that spot and I had met him once, on opening night). I have had the cops stop me as well (before I went to work for Wade) and ask to see what I was taking photos of. A couple of times I was asked to stop and leave, the other couple of times they were cool and said carry on.

Anyways, I digress, great photos of a very nice looking show. You should write up something about the show and have Matt post an article here, or send it in to Carnival Magazine, they are always looking for write-ups on shows/spots and some nice photos.

How's the weather down that way?

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
litepride
Friday, January 23, 2009 10:54:08 AM
i especially like the pics of the derby and power surge...lol
skywheel88
Friday, January 23, 2009 5:49:19 PM
Thanks Flamo! I especially enjoyed the aerial shots and that Wave Swinger type ride is amazing.[:D] Anyone got any info on it?
Kenny.

flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, January 24, 2009 7:04:16 AM
The swinger was in a park for about a year and refurbed by the factory. Tally had it set up by the factory last year at the stock show . It's supposed to go on it's own trailer but Tom racked a pup trailer to handle the scenery. It speeds up the moving process and helps to protect the scenery. It is very impressive to watch.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
skywheel88
Saturday, January 24, 2009 8:59:40 PM
Thank you Flamo.[:D] I think it's one of the nicest looking Swingers on the road.
Kenny.