JustJeff
  •  JustJeff
  • 67.9% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, January 12, 2009 3:50:00 AM
I got a phone call last evening from Tony Doty and a P.M. this morning confirming it that Ed McDowell had passed on saturday..

Not a lot of details as of yet,but will add them as they come in.

Ed was known around New York as Newburgh Eddie..But he lived just outside of Utica..(Illion).

Ed was a ride guy for The Bartosiks B and B Ride Company,out of Amsterdam N.Y. up until about the mid 80s...He drove Semi cross country and for the carnival...Oh the stories that man had..He also worked for Clyde Beatty Cplo Bros circus before his carnival days..

I had lost touch with Eddie for many years,but thanks to hooking back up with Tony 2 years ago,we have talked about once a month for the last 2 years ,and I had the pleasure of seeing him this summer on my trip to New York..

Eddie was a good friend who would do anything for you,and I am proud to have had him as a friend

Goodbye ,my friend,you will be missed...Jeff Brown...
3drides
Monday, January 12, 2009 5:29:34 AM
eddie wsnt much of a showmen only to the point taht he loved the fun and trouble he could get to on the Road in the 70s and 80S with all of us withe B& B Rides he will be missed was my best friendand brother you,ll never be replaced and i,ll talk to you again Buddy
Missin it
Monday, January 12, 2009 8:13:52 AM
Sorry for your loss Guys
"Everytime you open your mouth you make it harder and harder to take you seriously"
V. Boombotz

If you can't defend your self don't make stupid comments (please)
JustJeff
  •  JustJeff
  • 67.9% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:16:58 AM
Thank you,Missin-it..
Tony and several friends will attend the service for Ed today....I would have loved to attend but the timing and logistics simply would not allow it.

I know that not many folks on here knew Ed,but I really appreciate being allowed to show my feelings on here..

I created a guest book for ED.http://www.legacy.com/UticaOD//gb/guestbookview.aspx?personid=122875646&eid=viewgb_11509

Once again I thank everyone involved for allowing this avenue to happen..God bless you all....jeff