mattypark
  •  mattypark
  • 51.02% (Neutral)
  • Operations Topic Starter
Monday, January 5, 2009 9:48:39 AM
Happy 2009 all. Just thought I would share a few pictures of the Faller Wave Swinger I worked on last month as well as some others just for fun.

I am waiting for 2 parts I accidentally broke. When they will arrive I should get this up and running. I'm collecting pieces for a park as opposed to a carnival, so plans call for me to build a "foundation" and I'll add some planters around it as well.

UserPostedImage

Maybe I'll invest in a better digital camera too! (or at least read the manual for the one I own [|)])

UserPostedImage

Hopefully I will be able to get it to work properly!

UserPostedImage

I also added a sign to my "Conestoga" model

UserPostedImage

All that work and money and now they just are sitting in my closet [B)] Hopefully I can buy a house someday and can get started on my layout. I just can't justify setting a layout up in my apartment if I don't plan on staying here long!

UserPostedImage

I just thought this picture was kind of cool

UserPostedImage

SideWinder
Monday, January 5, 2009 9:58:21 AM
the Wave Swinger turned out great[:D]
al_minahan
Monday, January 5, 2009 11:10:22 AM
The Wave Swinger looks sharp. Where did you find the art work?
awesomecarnie
Monday, January 5, 2009 12:35:19 PM
That is a very nice wave swinger.
If you don't like Hank Williams, you can kiss my ass.
Skywheelrider
Monday, January 5, 2009 8:41:06 PM
Wave Swinger looks very nice!

If I am not mistaken, graphics for the traditional Wave Swinger were uploaded at the Ridemodelers Yahoo! Group by the guy that owns the LB Shows model show, from photos he has of the former CVS Wave Swinger.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
DrNickRiviera995
Tuesday, January 6, 2009 4:26:59 AM
That's a nice Wave Swinger graphics and lights look cool. You've got a very nice Hersheypark collection going now.
mattypark
  •  mattypark
  • 51.02% (Neutral)
Tuesday, January 6, 2009 4:44:16 AM
Thank you all for your comments.

The Yahoo Ridemodelers Group had graphics that I used for the circular tower columns, and panels for the top of the base. Everything else was created using Photoshop and whatever pictures I could find of the base model from Hersheypark.

Picture of my base model:
http://www.flickr.com/ph...5@N00/290078284/sizes/l/ 

Still have some work to do on it, but not sure when I will get around to it next.
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, January 6, 2009 10:54:43 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by al_minahan

The Wave Swinger looks sharp. Where did you find the art work?

From the Ridemodelers Yahoo! Group....

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.co...ler%20Wave%20Swinger.JPG 

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
DrNickRiviera995
Tuesday, January 6, 2009 4:01:58 PM
Cool...anything in mind for your next ride project? Will you be sticking to the Hersheypark theme?
mattypark
  •  mattypark
  • 51.02% (Neutral)
Wednesday, January 7, 2009 5:43:47 AM
Thanks [:)] I'm not sure what's next. Right now I am collecting pieces for a layout someday (my apartment is too small for this stuff!), but it won't be a 100% replica of HP - I envision it having some similarities and rides to it though.

I like the idea of modeling HP's Ferris Wheel:

http://www.flickr.com/ph...rgoat/532276719/sizes/o/ 

So if anything, that'll be next...or maybe not. Not sure.