Ted
  •  Ted
  • 62.08% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, December 15, 2008 12:15:34 AM
For those of you who don't subscribe to the yahoo ride modelers group there is a guy with a pretty sweet write up of the new mondial piece. He has only been working on it a couple days but its starting to look great! Also there is a short video clip on the bottom of it in action! I can't wait to get my hands on a kit, anyone know if eurorail actually has it in stock ready to ship, or is it just a pre-order? There price is good enough for me. Here's the link:

http://www.rileyv.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/faller.htm 
CONKO316
Monday, December 15, 2008 12:39:57 AM
Cool Vid

First thing I noticed is how the ride seems to run/rotate at a proper speed, as I have noticed some of the Faller kits ran a little fast.

I'm not sure if Eurorail has any in stock yet though, although I agree that price is about as good as you'll get.
UserPostedImage

Justin
natet_2003
Monday, December 15, 2008 8:27:43 PM
Thanks for posting.I had been wondering when this guy would put up a construction log of this model.Very cool looking model so far.
Can't wait to see it operating completed.[:D]
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 80.7% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, December 15, 2008 9:01:27 PM
If you're running a Faller motor directly on AC voltage it may run about 20% faster here than in Europe because US power is 60 HZ, while in the Europe it is 50Hz [lower frequency]
DrNickRiviera995
Thursday, December 18, 2008 7:52:46 PM
That's some amazing work, I can't beileve the trouble he went to, to redo all the controllers.

The diaramas look great.
BSA Mike
Saturday, December 20, 2008 1:50:27 PM
looks badass, thanks for the link Ted
Skywheelrider
Saturday, December 20, 2008 2:54:08 PM
Wow, nice work. That is a great looking model, I really like his website with all of the detailed photos during construction, he does some nice work.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
JustinJames
Tuesday, December 30, 2008 6:19:55 PM
JLJ Midways WILL have one by 2010 season!!! LOL
BSA Mike
Tuesday, December 30, 2008 6:29:15 PM
looks like he hit am ajor speed bump.

he knocked the ride off the desk and sheared off two gondolas. man that sucks.
chuck walls
Tuesday, December 30, 2008 7:54:58 PM
I got sick in my stomach just hearing about it.
chuck walls