DrNickRiviera995
Wednesday, December 10, 2008 8:52:46 AM
Just curious if anyone on this board might know. I've always wanted to know where Dorney Park's current Monster operated before coming to Dorney in 1995. Wether it was another park or a fair operator.

Anyone know?
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, December 10, 2008 9:25:50 AM
I can't answer your question, but it has to be one of the wildest paint jobs on a Monster I have even seen. When I saw it back in 1997 it was the traditional black with orange tubs; however, now it's yellow/orange/red/purple. My Dad got a few photos of it a few years ago. I painted a model Monster the same way just because it looked so cool to me.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
DrNickRiviera995
Thursday, December 11, 2008 2:26:23 AM
Yeah, I remember when it first came to the park in the spring of 95' it wasn't ready for opening weekend and they were putting it up little by little until it opened Memorial Day weekend, it first started out with all black including the tubs which I thought looked awsome, I think it was the first Monster I ever saw. Then in 96' they painted the tubs orange which still looked cool.

Can't say I like the current colors as much as you though lol. They also did away with the green florecents and changed the yellow bulbs to plain clear bulbs...pretty boring. I don't think it looks nearly as good now...I think these rides should be all black and maybee colored tubs in orange, red or green.

I want to build a Monster too but it'll be black lol...do you have pics of yours?