willdecided
Friday, November 21, 2008 7:21:37 PM
I know that this has been discussed here before, but last week I was watching a few movies that I had seen before, but never remember reading about them on this board during the past year or so.

Big - I know I have seen this on here before, but I figured I would mention it. Reithoffer Shows was seen towards the beginning of the movie. (I think it's cool that I actually rode the Huss Rainbow that was in that movie).

My Girl - Was watching this movie with my daughter. The movie is suppose to take place in 1972. I had a feeling that the rides in the movie belonged to Strates because you can see a Huss Pirate and a Huss Rainbow during the carnival scene. After thinking about it a little and doing a little research, I found out the Huss Pirate came out in the late 70's and the Rainbow came out in early 80's. I think there is also a Larson Ring of Fire in there, which I am pretty sure did not come out until sometime in the 80's. Obviously, some of the rides in the movie do not match the time period that the movie is suppose to take place in.

Problem Child 2 - I didn't see anything in the credits about who provided the rides, but I was wondering if anyone knew who provided the Crazy Dance ride where everyone starts throwing up after JR. messes with the controls on the back of the ride.

Thats it.
DarkRideArtist
Friday, November 21, 2008 7:47:34 PM
Greases' final scene was Wayne Kunzes fathers(Al I think his name was)Century 21 Shows. I forgot which show owns it but that funhouse Olivia Newton John n John Travolta were dancing through still travels to this day(I have that info in my studio) and Cumberland Valley Shows will appear in the upcoming Hannah Montanna movie this winter.
Skywheelrider
Friday, November 21, 2008 8:01:53 PM
Ah, I was wondering when this topic would come up, it does every Winter. LOL

The Larson Ring of Fire, formerely known as the Super Loops, was actually introduced in the early 1970's if I am not mistaken. Al Kunz had the first one on his midway, there were photos of it in Carnival Magazine years ago.

Okay, the movie list:

My Girl....Strates Shows (notice a Chance Wipeout (1991) on that midway, too)

Sleeping With The Enemy....Amusements of America

Big....Reithoffer Shows

Passenger 57....Interstate Amusements (good on Sky Wheel chase scene)

Grease....Atlas Greater Shows

The Boys....PGAM

Selena....Crabtree Amusements

Doc Hollywood....Mighty Bluegrass Shows

Problem Child 2....Royal American Shows (that Crazy Dance now belongs to Arnold Amusements)

And I will let others chime in with more....

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Skywheelrider
Friday, November 21, 2008 8:04:11 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Darkrider

Greases' final scene was Wayne Kunzes fathers(Al I think his name was)Century 21 Shows. I forgot which show owns it but that funhouse Olivia Newton John n John Travolta were dancing through still travels to this day(I have that info in my studio) and Cumberland Valley Shows will appear in the upcoming Hannah Montanna movie this winter.

That fun house is with either Royal West Amusements or Inland Empire Shows, there is a guy that works for them that posts here and he has talked about it, cannot remember which show carries it, they pretty much work together from what I understand). Atlas Greater Shows was in Grease.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
willdecided
Friday, November 21, 2008 8:31:23 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

My Girl....Strates Shows (notice a Chance Wipeout (1991) on that midway, too)

I forgot about the Chance Wipeout. I was half a sleep when watching it, but a lot of the rides looked a little too modern to be at a 1972 carnival.

Quote:

quote:

Problem Child 2....Royal American Shows (that Crazy Dance now belongs to Arnold Amusements)

Thank you for answering my question about Problem Child 2.

I know there is carnival in "The Jerk" with Steve Martin, but again, I have no clue who owns / owned those rides.
litepride
Friday, November 21, 2008 9:05:16 PM
pride of texas....suspact zero and jasons lyric and one other forgot name
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, November 21, 2008 10:18:45 PM
Quote:

I know there is carnival in "The Jerk" with Steve Martin, but again, I have no clue who owns / owned those rides./quote]

I do believe that was Larry Davis's Carnival time shows because I seem to recall seeing the name on the ticket box trailer being pulled on the midway.

UserPostedImage
DarkRideArtist
Saturday, November 22, 2008 2:48:07 AM
Someone at Carnival Mag will here from me about that "grease" thing.
the-novelty-man
Saturday, November 22, 2008 3:48:44 AM
Quote:

quote:

Atlas Greater Shows was in the movie Grease the Fun House was owned
by Anita Reynolds at the time I worked on the show at that time
those were the good old days Nordy and Alan Alabe owned the show
The-Novelty-Man
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, November 22, 2008 4:00:48 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Quote:

I know there is carnival in "The Jerk" with Steve Martin, but again, I have no clue who owns / owned those rides./quote]

I do believe that was Larry Davis's Carnival time shows because I seem to recall seeing the name on the ticket box trailer being pulled on the midway.

That was SJM Fiesta Shows, ( aka B&B Amusements)

I"ve always wondered who had the rides in the movie "Walking Tall"
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, November 22, 2008 4:05:41 AM
Skywheelrider
Saturday, November 22, 2008 7:20:19 AM
Quote:

quote:

Never saw the movie mentioned in Carnival Magazine, I was referring to the Larson Ring of Fire/Super Loops.

Thanks Glenn, I just didn't feel like searching for the topic last night. LOL

Fabbri_Guy
Saturday, November 22, 2008 7:27:14 AM
Guys what about the movie Mighty Joe Young. Twords the end theres a few shots of some rides.
Pattiecake
Saturday, November 22, 2008 10:27:42 AM
I thought Jason's Lyric was Lone Star Amusements owned by Bobby and Wanda Surber.
Play fast, Win big, Leave early!!
Skywheelrider
Saturday, November 22, 2008 12:16:20 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Tre in GA

Mighty Joe Young was amusments of buffalo wasnt it ? Didnt they really tip that wheel?
tre

Actually it was Shamrock Shows in the movie, and A of B bought the wheel from Mulligan after it got rebuilt. And yes, they did really knock the wheel over in the movie.