Grbjnt
  •  Grbjnt
  • 55.82% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, November 13, 2008 4:55:43 AM
this is the latest artical on the Florida State Fair extending their dates, It came out in todays Tampa Tribune.
http://www2.tbo.com/cont...ys-find-a-common-ground/ 
Herb
JustJeff
Thursday, November 13, 2008 5:06:16 AM
Good find ,Herb.I missed that this morning.It will be interesting as to what happens in the near future.
I go to Dade City every year.Been quite a while since I went to the State Fair...jeff
2ndgencarnie
Thursday, November 13, 2008 5:07:15 AM
I think they should joust for it, winner gets thier way...lol
JustJeff
Thursday, November 13, 2008 5:14:00 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

I am sure they will work something out without bloodshed.Especially if Wade is involved with both of them...jeff
2ndgencarnie
Thursday, November 13, 2008 6:16:02 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JustJeff

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

I am sure they will work something out without bloodshed.Especially if Wade is involved with both of them...jeff

Now what fun would that be...
cny_chris
Thursday, November 13, 2008 6:16:05 AM
I've noticed a lot of shuffling in the January-February fairs in Florida over the last couple years. West Palm and the FSF appear to be the premiere events, and the others either jockey around them, or cater to their niche and run at the same time. It will get worked out, it just might mean that someone has to start earlier or later than normal. Regardless of the dates, if there's only a week's difference, the people will still come out like normal.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Jackpotter
Thursday, November 13, 2008 6:48:39 AM
I'm no economics expert, but I seriously question the financial impact that the FSF will have on ITSELF, not Pasco, by extending 6 days. Operating costs will increase for the fair itself. Surely they have done feasibility studies because in a time when most fairs seem to be in cutting back mode in hard economic times, to add almost an extra week onto what is nearly a two week fair now just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me.
JustJeff
Thursday, November 13, 2008 7:23:55 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Jackpotter

I'm no economics expert, but I seriously question the financial impact that the FSF will have on ITSELF, not Pasco, by extending 6 days. Operating costs will increase for the fair itself. Surely they have done feasibility studies because in a time when most fairs seem to be in cutting back mode in hard economic times, to add almost an extra week onto what is nearly a two week fair now just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me.

I agree.IMO people have X amount of money to spend and thats it.You already have 10 or 11 days to pick from .
When I used to go,I would usually only go once,although I have gone twice a couple times.
I am sure they will do lots of studies and comparisons before the final decision is made,but the bottom line is that there is only so much money to go around.
On the other hand sitting in one spot an extra week cuts down on moving expenses,and the help gets paid no matter where you are.Just my thoughts folks...jeff