2ndgencarnie
Tuesday, October 28, 2008 5:47:50 PM
Just wondering if anyone has a good recipe for homemade Ice Cubes?
Bowler Roller
Tuesday, October 28, 2008 6:35:00 PM
It depends on where you live.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, October 28, 2008 6:35:21 PM
Water, freezer, WALA ! Icecubes !
2ndgencarnie
Tuesday, October 28, 2008 7:02:40 PM
Ohio...city water... Kenmore refrigerator...
johnroach100
Tuesday, October 28, 2008 7:12:49 PM
Just remember to start with very warm to hot water to insure crystal clear cubes. For final curing, liberally apply top quality bourbon. It may require several applications to achieve the desired final texture on the cubes.
powersbt
  •  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:54:10 AM
Fill water into ice cube trays. Dump Liquid Nitrogen over the trays. Trays will crack and break away leaving Ice Cubes. Works good for making Ice Cream too.
What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:22:50 AM
Send a sample for a taste test.
UserPostedImage
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, October 29, 2008 4:05:36 AM
Funny you should ask this....Last night I seen a Show on Food network and they were asking if it was possible to make crystal clear Ice cubes... As opposed to normal ones that are a little cloudy....The answer was yes.

You need Distilled Water. Boil it once let it cool and Boil it again. Then fill your Ice Cube Trays only half full. Freeze.

It was kinda neat when they did a side by side compared to Tap water Ice....

The Distilled water has no minerals in it to cloud the water...Having a water Softener will do the same to a degree...

My suggestion is pay for the small bag and grab the Big one....That's what I Uhhhh, nevermind....lol
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, October 29, 2008 5:47:50 AM
Roll your own. An ice cube exec. I spoke to at the Chicago airport said that most comm. cubes are dirty and American bodies have a hard time dealing with such bacteria.

This may have been in reference to Americans getting sick on ship cruises or some other similar problem.
UserPostedImage
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, October 29, 2008 7:32:45 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Roll your own. An ice cube exec. I spoke to at the Chicago airport said that most comm. cubes are dirty and American bodies have a hard time dealing with such bacteria.

This may have been in reference to Americans getting sick on ship cruises or some other similar problem.

I bet he was talking about Mexico....You can Drink the water just don't eat the Ice...Take some Vitamin T with a Lemon Slice...
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, October 29, 2008 7:34:17 AM
As a former licenced Culligan man in the state of Texas there are several ways to get clear cubes. They sell distillation units but short of that you can buy deionized water. The water clouds due to impurities. A small RO (Reverse Osmosis) can be put in line on refrigerator units with a prefilter. Cost of this is high, 20 years ago I installed several at a cost of $200. Most units put out about 3 of water gallons a day. The reason for the prefilter is to remove trash (terbidity) from the water before it gets to the filter, carbon filter and membrane.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked