skydiver77
  •  skydiver77
  • 66.38% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, October 18, 2008 7:19:04 PM
What's the best way to get the strings tied the correct way around the sweeps and to connect them to the middle of the ride, for it to run the best? I have seen someone's IHC Octopus on a train model display layout a long time ago, and that thing looked like a Cummons Octopus almost, it ran so smoothly! First of all, How in the world do you get that string to do right? Do you glue the string at the center of the Octopus, or does it wrap around the center? I'm clueless, and want to know so it'll run smoothly for me. What's the secret in getting it to perform right? This one involves string and that Faller Free Fall Tower i had once involved string...i never finished the Free Fall Tower/Power Tower though , it was too hard for me, so i sold it half-way done. The Octopus is a breeze to do compared to that thing. lol

Then again, i might make this a static displayed Octopus, but getting it running would be cool, and neat to see it run! [8D]

~Ben
chuck walls
Sunday, October 19, 2008 2:57:40 AM
I had used thread when I first built my octopus and the thread kept breaking, so after a couple times of that I change to a .020 (.51mm) brass wire, all you have figure out how long the first one is and cut the rest the same size, bend each end L shaped fit on to ride eye hooks, with needle nose pliers bend up around the eye hook so it won't slip off, easy as fallen off a bike, good luck
chuck walls
superloop6946
Sunday, October 19, 2008 4:05:35 AM
First you get the osalator pointing straight at you. Put a sweep directly in line with the osalator and put a piece of balsa or bass wood (or anything about 1/4 of an inch) under the sweep to keep it off the ground and you can use fishing line or the brass rod that Chuck referd to and repeat the steps 7 more times. If you use the fishing line tie the knot twice and then put a small dab of glue on the knott. Good luk.
superloop6946 IF ITS NOT A CUMMONS ITS NOT A MODEL RIDE.