JustJeff
  •  JustJeff
  • 67.9% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, October 13, 2008 2:44:05 AM
Pretty exciting games IMO.

First off The Bucs beating division opponent Carolina Panthers handily...While a good chunk of the credit goes to our awesome defense,Kudos to Jeff Garcia and the O-line.I questioned Grudens decision to bench Garcia after week one,but I am man enough to admit that I was wrong..Apparently a few weeks off was what Garcia needed to see that he is expendable,and getting another shot at starting ,he seems to want to prove himself again.A shame Griese had to get hurt to give him his second chance but that is the nature of the game.

Another great game was Dallas /Arizona.When Arizona had that 10 point lead late in the fourth,I still saw it falling apart,which it almost did.It seemed like the Cowboys got all the breaks after that.
The breakaway touchdown run by Barber,who was only trying to get a first down and get out of bounds but suddenly having a lane clear to GO ALL THE WAY...then to have that last penalty get them 5 yards closer for the tying field goal.Had they not called that,it was douhtful they would have made the field goal.the only option would be a hail mary.
I am referring to the play where Romo threw it deep and thay ran a hurry-up to spike the ball and an injured Cardinal was limping off the field ,couldn't get off in time and Dallas got 5 yards added to the end making it a 52 yarder instead of a 57,making it and tying the game.Then they win the coin toss in OT but by then their luck ran out and Arizona stopped with 3 and out,blocked the punt and ran it in for the win.

It's not that I hate Dallas,I just can't stand T.O. whining and strutting around like a rooster in a henhouse..I can't wait to hear what nonsense spews from his trap today,blaming everyone for not getting him the ball more.

Looks like Detroit gave Minnisota a run for their money.

And finally the game last night San Diego/ New England was good .Definately a different New England team than a year ago...Thats all for now....got to work today....jeff
WestCoastPat
Monday, October 13, 2008 8:09:37 AM
And how about them SeaBirds? Just one game away from a perfect season.
WestCoastPat-Proud Mark of all things Carnival. STILL a "FAN BOY"-and proud of it.
2ndgencarnie
Monday, October 13, 2008 3:55:11 PM
Hey the Bengals had the lead for about 2 minutes...that's a plus. [:(][:(][:(]
BSA Mike
Monday, October 13, 2008 6:21:38 PM
How about them Browns...

35-14 lead over the "Best team in football"

2ndgencarnie
Monday, October 13, 2008 6:24:36 PM
If it's brown, Flush it down...
BSA Mike
Monday, October 13, 2008 7:05:08 PM
I picked Cle on my Yahoo Pro Pick' em league, everyone thought i was nuts..i just had a feeling (that and i was trying to make up a couple games by picking upsets lol)

and then there was one...

UserPostedImage
JustJeff
  •  JustJeff
  • 67.9% (Friendly)
Monday, October 13, 2008 7:33:56 PM
I just saw that score,missed the game.The mighty Giants have fallen.
Congrats to you Cleveland fans.Both of you..('[:D]')..jeff
2ndgencarnie
Tuesday, October 14, 2008 5:51:25 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by BSA Mike

I picked Cle on my Yahoo Pro Pick' em league, everyone thought i was nuts..i just had a feeling (that and i was trying to make up a couple games by picking upsets lol)

and then there was one...

UserPostedImage

Hey...the Titans aren't the only ones with a zero in there record...lol
BSA Mike
Tuesday, October 14, 2008 10:52:17 AM
Adam Pacman Jones suspended a minimum of four games by commishioner Roger Goodell after his latest "incident" in Dallas last week.
2ndgencarnie
Tuesday, October 14, 2008 11:14:10 AM
Quote:

quote:

Adam Pacman Jones suspended a minimum of four games by commishioner Roger Goodell after his latest "incident" in Dallas last week.

Somethings never change....
BSA Mike
Tuesday, October 14, 2008 12:29:28 PM
Cowboys trade for WR Roy Williams formerly of the Detrit Lions

Cowboys get
WR Roy Williams
7th round pick in 2009

Lions get:
1st round draft pick in 2009
3rd round draft pick in 2009
6th round draft pick in that the Cowboys regained from the Titans when Pacman got suspended today

edit* it was originally reported the cowboys gave up 2 2nd round picks now they are saying 1st adn a 3rd...Jerry Jones is nuts

popcornserver
Tuesday, October 14, 2008 1:17:18 PM
porkchopexpress
Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:04:15 PM
Quote:

quote:

Cowboys trade for WR Roy Williams formerly of the Detrit Lions

Cowboys get
WR Roy Williams
7th round pick in 2009

Lions get:
1st round draft pick in 2009
3rd round draft pick in 2009
6th round draft pick in that the Cowboys regained from the Titans when Pacman got suspended today

edit* it was originally reported the cowboys gave up 2 2nd round picks now they are saying 1st adn a 3rd...Jerry Jones is nuts

Jerry Jones is a genius isn't he. Goes and gets Roy Williams to play opposite of Terrell Owens but who in the hell will throw them the ball now that Romo is out. Old Man Brad Johnson please!!
JustJeff
  •  JustJeff
  • 67.9% (Friendly)
Wednesday, October 15, 2008 2:45:26 AM
Quote:

quote:

Just heard on the news that Commissioner Goodell said that a lifetime ban is possible...jeff
BSA Mike
Wednesday, October 15, 2008 5:01:27 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JustJeff

Quote:

quote:

Just heard on the news that Commissioner Goodell said that a lifetime ban is possible...jeff

the guy is a savage, he deserves what he gets. If he gets a lifetime ban look for him to be in the news and locked up by 2010 or dead by 2012