willdecided
Saturday, September 13, 2008 12:33:08 AM
Just curious what ride you think is better? I like them both, but I think the Sea Dragon is a better looking ride. I am sure it's more of a pain to setup because it's a 2 trailer ride, but as far as looks go, the Sea Dragon gets my vote.
skywheel88
Saturday, September 13, 2008 4:12:47 AM
I agree, Sea Dragon is a better looking ride but if I had the money I'd go for the SDC Pirate, best looking of them all.[:D]
http://www.flatrides.com...e%20Index/SDCPirate1.jpg 
Kenny.

rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, September 13, 2008 4:16:05 AM
I think both are cool also, but as far as appearance goes I like multi-trailer rides.
RodB
massachusettsman
Saturday, September 13, 2008 4:20:09 AM
Sea Dragon has a more commanding appearence but the pharoahs fury is a smarter choice for shows
spudwrench
Saturday, September 13, 2008 8:11:09 AM
2ndgencarnie
Saturday, September 13, 2008 9:12:57 AM
When it comes to moving the piece, Fury all the way. Other than that I would say the Sea Dragon wins most oeverything else.
Flying Coaster
Saturday, September 13, 2008 9:53:23 AM
Greg Link used to have a Viking. Pretty good sized piece, Who manufactured that?
All Skywheels should be yeller.
kiddie ride red
Saturday, September 13, 2008 4:31:01 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Flying Coaster

Greg Link used to have a Viking. Pretty good sized piece, Who manufactured that?

InterFair of Holland. Don and Greg Deggeller bought that ride new from European ride importer Dick Marchant in 1982 or 83. He also brokered the deal for their first Giant Wheel, which was also manufactured in Holland. The wheel is currently working at Knobels Amusement Park.The Viking was a one-trailer spectacular but very over weight. The steps, platforms, back panels and some smaller items were racked in a pup trailer.This reduced the weight of the main trailer to an acceptable level and eliminated most of the double handling during set up and take down.The computer had some major glitches but once they were eliminated the ride did well and made money.The brothers got a good deal on a Huss Pirate from an amusement park in New Jersey and sold the Viking to Greg Link to make room. The four trailer Pirate has been off the road for several years and is currently parked at their winter quarters.Having worked for Clyde Mulligan from 1968 through 1970 I prefer the Sea Ray, especially the newer one trailer model. Easy to move, easy to maintain and it makes money.[8)].
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, September 13, 2008 4:43:14 PM
Anything is better then those awful looking Sea Rays that's for sure...

I'd like to see a retheme on a Pharohs Fury to a Viking Fury or another type of Pirate Theme...
csr98
  •  csr98
  • 50.06% (Neutral)
  • Operations
Saturday, September 13, 2008 5:01:06 PM
I absolutly agree..... Sea Ray's are hideous looking. Look like a toy or something....POOR MANS FURY
Only good point to the sea ray is every part can be bought at grainger ... Or is the sea ray for the ones that cant figure out drives and PLC's??????? The sea ray LOOKS very cheap! Sea Rays belong on smaller shows. Definatly not a state fair piece in my opinion.........but then again all of this is just my .02 cents....
2ndgencarnie
Saturday, September 13, 2008 7:14:16 PM
I like the Sea Ray way more than the damn Chance Space Shuttle. That is an awful looking piece of crap In my opinion anyway. There is only 1 way to make the Space Shuttle look worse than it already is but I'm gonna shut up about this now. [8D][8D][8D]
lil_g87
Sunday, September 14, 2008 3:46:47 AM
The Sea Dragon by far is the better of the two. I moved the one Pugh had for 8 years then when they sold that one and got the new version with the front platform like the giant wheel It really gave the Sea Dragon that big look ride. The bad thing about the new version was the factory rack job. It was horrible. Guess that is why they only sold 2 or 3 of them. (once again thank you pops...)
ringmaster
Sunday, September 14, 2008 9:07:24 AM
If Morgan ever decides to gets back to building rides, maybe they could put out a Viking or Pirate theamed boat with the PF center.
shopdude
Sunday, September 14, 2008 11:25:48 AM
Sea Dragon, i was growing up on pugh shows when they got their sea dragon back in the 80's
R.J.
LarsonRingofFire
Sunday, September 14, 2008 7:38:05 PM
I like both. The Pharoah's Fury ship is better looking to me, but I like the look and the presence of the actual Sea Dragon ride. Know what I mean? Maybe not lol. Just merge the two I guess is what im saying. Like Fury's Ship with everthing else in the Sea Dragon.

But, if I had the money id prolly pick neither and go for an SDC Pirate or a HUSS Prate themed like Das Clubschiff over in Germany, yes a massive ride, but oh so beautiful lol....
http://www.kirmesfans-on...lder/ABC/C/page-0008.htm 
But thats just my 2 cents worth....
Sit down, buckle up, and get ready to SCREAM, its the HIMALAYAAAAAAAA...