willdecided
Monday, August 25, 2008 10:43:04 AM
I have always been fascinated with carnival rides and when I was younger, I thought it would be cool to travel with one for a season, but that is very unlikely now because I have a family, ect...

Anyway, I was always curious how a carnival ride operators pay was based. Is it hourly, salary, do you get paid for travel?

Sorry to be so nosey... I am not really interested in what an operator makes, but I am curious to know how the whole pay thing works...

Thanks.
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, August 25, 2008 11:01:51 AM
Pays great. 2500.00 a week, all the food(free)you can eat, and forget about bein' married, all the p**** you can handle. Everybody gets a cool RV to live in(except the owner, he sleeps in a tent by his rides[;)]). We only work about maybe 10-20 hours a week and when it's time to move on we make the joints pack up for us. Pretty cool life, huh? You ready to go? Should have done it years ago.
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
willdecided
Monday, August 25, 2008 11:11:53 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by willdecided

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 42WLA

Pays great. 2500.00 a week, all the food(free)you can eat, and forget about bein' married, all the p**** you can handle. Everybody gets a cool RV to live in(except the owner, he sleeps in a tent by his rides[;)]). We only work about maybe 10-20 hours a week and when it's time to move on we make the joints pack up for us. Pretty cool life, huh? You ready to go? Should have done it years ago.

If that was the case, I would have done that when I turned 18..

Nice sarcasm by the way!!!!

Sorry for the duplicate post...
Fabbri_Guy
Monday, August 25, 2008 11:16:58 AM
Its a learning experience. Ive been into the industry a while but only worked at a show for a short time. Its not bad, I didn't complain, me being me i woke up with crease on my hands popcorn for breakfest, diesel as colonge, Everything i thought it would be. Never was ashamed to be a "carny". I really never minded the pay.
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, August 25, 2008 11:17:17 AM
What Sarcasm, the only part I lied about was the owner sleepin' in a tent.
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, August 25, 2008 3:28:59 PM
Quote:

quote:

Yeah, we are at the Holiday Inn Express....
booker
Tuesday, August 26, 2008 3:57:14 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:

Some stay at the more expensive international sleeper
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, August 26, 2008 6:53:25 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by booker

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

GMC Motel....
trucknut751
Tuesday, August 26, 2008 11:36:45 AM
are you sure you did not lie about. the owner sleeps in a tent by the ride.thats funny[:D] [}:)]
carnivalgirl
Tuesday, August 26, 2008 12:09:25 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by booker

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

just got one of those most expensive "hotel" i ever stayed in [8D]
bigjlh
Tuesday, August 26, 2008 12:48:54 PM
the fruhauf inn was always popular when you had a date with a local pbq a lowboy was nice easy access for ride boy and date side doors always a plus crack rear door for breeze and low lighting true romantic setting candles of course sorry about being off topic thnx bigjlh
uncle_buck
Tuesday, August 26, 2008 2:36:02 PM
Then some day you can become an owner. Walk the lot, and be in debt up to your ass. Oh yeah, I forgot, if you hook up long term with one of those smart pbq's, she can order your ass around like she owns all the s.h.i.t.
They'll miss us when we're gone!
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, August 26, 2008 2:57:31 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by uncle_buck

Then some day you can become an owner. Walk the lot, and be in debt up to your ass. Oh yeah, I forgot, if you hook up long term with one of those smart pbq's, she can order your ass around like she owns all the s.h.i.t.

Only if she is under 18. If I was still on the road i would have multiple women at my beckoning.
UserPostedImage
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, August 26, 2008 4:48:23 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by uncle_buck

Most of the Owners I know are Own thier stuff outright...
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, August 26, 2008 5:16:34 PM
Ride Groupies, did we mention all the groupies. PBQ heaven[:X]