Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, August 23, 2008 1:51:21 PM
Anyone have any MN state fair updates?? Someone from the board has to have gone by now!! LOL
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
jerryd
Saturday, August 23, 2008 3:49:33 PM
I was out on Thursday for awhile.

In a nutshell, some things did not get off to a good start.

Including me.. I have not been outside in the heat too much this summer so the day took its toll on me. Also I forgot to bring a camera battery and the AA adapter tray for it!

Some stuff did not open till late morning into afternoon.

I will be back out early tomorrow morning to see whats going on.

Jerry
stip
  •  stip
  • 50.24% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Saturday, August 23, 2008 5:47:54 PM
The midway is full! Crazy Mouse has run nonstop!
DarkRideArtist
Sunday, August 24, 2008 9:02:54 AM
Someone please tell Steve Vandervorste (the Crazy Mouse owner) He's too nice to be in this business. I love that guy!!! - the Dark Ride Artist[:p]
stip
  •  stip
  • 50.24% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Sunday, August 24, 2008 12:46:45 PM
Darkrider- Message delivered.
DarkRideArtist
Sunday, August 24, 2008 1:04:54 PM
Thanks Stip!!! Off to J&J in Greenville for a Bobs(special theme on this one guys)See ya'll when we get back-the Dark Ride Artist[8D]
Matt C.
Sunday, August 24, 2008 9:05:15 PM
We were in WI last Thursday and felt like taking a break from the waterparks in the dells and decicded to drive up for the day to visit the fair. We'll be doing a full article on it, but here are some notes:

- The fair is HUGE. It took us just about all day to cover the grounds, food, midway etc. Very well kept grounds and the permanent rides are a nice touch (Ye Old Mill, Rapids Ride, Sky Rides, Tower, Haunted House).
- Fighter and Wade's wheel were down just about all day. Crews were troubleshooting the issues.
- Joints, Food, Rides were making money. Rides were offering a discounted ticket promo. If a ride was normally 6 tickets, they would only be charging 5 on opening day.
- Ward Hall's side show was ginning.
- Rides, joints, and food all looked top notch. Very well flashed too I might add - probably some of the best I have seen in a long time.
- Heartbreaker didnt seem to be doing too much.
- Magnum's refurb job looked excellent.
- New Wisdom Viper looked great and seemed to be holding its own. It's got a different paint scheme - red.

That's all for now. I will have more info in our article...

Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com