skydiver77
  •  skydiver77
  • 66.38% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, August 21, 2008 5:11:48 PM
I'm talking about like the one at Cedar Point amusement park in Ohio. I was wondering if there was a traveling model on the road somewhere? If not in the states, is there one traveling overseas possibly? From the videos i've seen of it on the internet, it looks breath-taking when riding it. ...just like when i ride a KMG FireBall or Freak Out, takes my breath away, yet Max Air goes lots higher in the sky than those two. I know i'd be scared first time on Max Air, but afterwards would probably love it just like i do on the KMG rides.

~Ben
FParker185
Thursday, August 21, 2008 6:38:00 PM
In the US, no. In Europe they have the KMG XXL which is a slightly taller version of the Huss Giant Frisbee, though inward facing. Though I think I remember somewhere in the US there might be a Zamperla outward facing Nitro roaming around. Could be thinking of Europe though. Is significantly smaller than the Huss Giant though, not the same league really.
Predatorocks
Thursday, August 21, 2008 6:43:33 PM
The Max Air doesn't have as many strong forces as the KMG Afterburner type of ride. It does go higher in the air, it only spins so fast though. I think that there is a traveling Huss regular Frisbee somewhere (That's the one that has the inward facing, and it's more like a Round-Up ride.).
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, August 22, 2008 4:24:10 AM
LOL I thought you were talking about the Zamperla kiddie airplane ride LOL
Predatorocks
Friday, August 22, 2008 5:03:35 AM
This is the ride if you have never seen it, or been on it:

It's also at Kings Island in Ohio.
cny_chris
Friday, August 22, 2008 7:33:35 AM
The short answer: NO, not in the states, not in Europe, not anywhere...

This is a Huss Giant Frisbee, which was never intended to be portable, or for that matter, for the portable 'carnival' market. Too big, too heavy, too much work to assemble.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, August 22, 2008 8:02:13 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Predatorocks

This is the ride if you have never seen it, or been on it:

It's also at Kings Island in Ohio.

I always heard the only reason Kings Island got that is because Huss Screwed up thier Giant Top Spin ( Tomb Raider ) and it took them forever to get it right so Huss gave them a deal on the Giant Frisbee ( Delirium )...
JustinJames
Saturday, August 23, 2008 9:29:26 AM
Rode maxair this year and was very unimpressed. The way the restraints work you can't look left or rght which takes some of the interaction with the others on the ride. I'd take the kmg version anyday.