butterfly in reverse
Tuesday, August 19, 2008 2:44:43 PM
In an Ethics class I took recently, I came accross a verse in the Bible that basically said that grown men should not possess the toys of children. Something like that. They should not own or play with toys. It came up in a conversation and my brother in law does not believe me. Now I cannot find it. Does anyone (ahemHurleyahem) maybe know the verse I mean????
“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.” ~Mark Twain
Ridee-O
Wednesday, August 27, 2008 3:39:28 PM
[:)]I beleive the scripture you are referring to is:
1 Corinthians 13:11-13
from the "Book" edition of the Living Bible it reads:
"It's like this: when I was a child I spoke and thought and resasoned as a child does.
But when I became a man my thoughts grew far beyond those of my childhood and now I have put away the childish things.
In the sameway, we can see and understand only a little about God
now, asif we were peering at his reflection in a poor mirror;
but someday we are going to see him in his completeness, face to face.
Now all that I know is hazy and blurred, but then I will see everything clearly, just as clearly as God sees into my heart right now.
There are three things that remain-faith-hope and love-and the greatest of these is love."

basically this verse is about our ability to understand God's love for us. I think you have a misunderstnding of what you read and your Ethics teacher probably has no Biblical knowledge. I hope this helps you.(PS As an adult I still have some toys including my NASCAR diecast collection)
The Dude
Friday, October 10, 2008 4:43:26 PM
I heard that there are 7 versions of the bible.....

How do ya know which one is accurate?? (If any (100%))
Ridee-O
Saturday, October 11, 2008 11:54:46 AM
[:)]There are not versions of the Bible but several different translations,ie: NIV, American Standard, King James, Living Word, and on and on. They are all God's Word though the phrasing maybe different and the language is cultural, if they are true to the Gospel message of salvation by grace thru faith in Jesus Christ then they are all the Bible.
carnivalgirl
Saturday, October 11, 2008 7:22:55 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by Ridee-O

[:)]There are not versions of the Bible but several different translations,ie: NIV, American Standard, King James, Living Word, and on and on. They are all God's Word though the phrasing maybe different and the language is cultural, if they are true to the Gospel message of salvation by grace thru faith in Jesus Christ then they are all the Bible.


[:)]perfectly said[:)]
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, October 12, 2008 4:13:08 AM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by Ridee-O

[:)]There are not versions of the Bible but several different translations,ie: NIV, American Standard, King James, Living Word, and on and on. They are all God's Word though the phrasing maybe different and the language is cultural, if they are true to the Gospel message of salvation by grace thru faith in Jesus Christ then they are all the Bible.



Ridee_O has it right.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
The Dude
Saturday, December 10, 2011 3:18:31 AM
I would love knowing if the bible thats KNOWN TODAY is 100% the same as the first script ever written.. (I doubt we will ever know but its interesting thinking about)
ridejocky
Monday, December 12, 2011 8:45:52 AM
Originally Posted by: The Dude 

I would love knowing if the bible thats KNOWN TODAY is 100% the same as the first script ever written.. (I doubt we will ever know but its interesting thinking about)



We'll all know sooner or later.
Ride the Zipper?