Skywheelrider
Monday, August 18, 2008 9:13:47 PM
Too many photos (over 150) to put in the topic, so here is the link. Day and night shots, all over the fairgrounds, not just the midway. Enjoy.

http://community.webshot...om/album/565528822PpWNrS 

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
CONKO316
Monday, August 18, 2008 10:00:11 PM
Some really nice shots in there Chris. Looks like a nice fair.
Thanks for sharing
UserPostedImage

Justin
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, August 18, 2008 10:51:11 PM
skywheel88
Tuesday, August 19, 2008 3:36:30 AM
Great set of pics there!!![:D] Took a long time go through, but worth it.[;)]
Kenny.

Skywheelrider
Tuesday, August 19, 2008 5:54:59 AM
Thanks for the compliments guys. Appreciated.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
2ndgencarnie
Tuesday, August 19, 2008 11:38:38 AM
graet pics Chris...hey who was the circus in there?
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, August 19, 2008 4:25:06 PM
JerryG
Tuesday, August 19, 2008 5:21:07 PM
First let me say I grew up working on Royal American and then a smaller show out of St.Louis with my grandfather until I went to college and got a real job.

This weekend my wife and I took a trip to Sedalia to look around at the state fair, it was the first time I had been on a midway in about two years. After checking out all the other attractions we took a stroll down the midway just for fun and I will say in my opinion the joints didn't have that "state fair" feel to me and it seemed that there were agents in only about half of the joints. It was only two in the afternoon but I know the few state fairs I worked at being in your joint and grinding was a way to make sure you made a nice envelope at the end of the spot.

Most of the rides looked really nice though as did all of the food.

// I really hope this dosnt sound too negative, I was just trying reminiscing out loud about the good ol' days.
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Tuesday, August 19, 2008 5:23:35 PM
wow, first stick version I have seen on the slush labs
http://good-times.webshots.com/...053725740102045599PUNckU 
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
2ndgencarnie
Tuesday, August 19, 2008 5:45:50 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rodler

Anastasini Circus

thanks...damn nice top they've got.
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, August 19, 2008 8:50:40 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rodler

Anastasini Circus

thanks...damn nice top they've got.

It is nice, and they are friendly people, too. They may have more than one unit, not sure, they also play the Michigan State Fair and the Tennessee Valley Fair with us (booked by the fairs, not us). They were also in Hamburg, Michigan while we were there this year and last year.