salesman
  •  salesman
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler Topic Starter
Saturday, August 9, 2008 3:04:03 PM
I was just lookin at Strates' website and noticed the Anderson Co. fair was not listed in their schedule. Considering they own the fairgrounds, anyone know why they aren't palying that spot this year?

"I'm Just, SICK WIT-IT"
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, August 9, 2008 5:46:45 PM
I believe that they sold that property, and they are moving it to a new location, but am not sure they got one lined up for this year.
SideWinder
Saturday, August 9, 2008 6:44:44 PM
Word on the street is that the college bought the grounds that they owned and as far as a fair again.... tough beans.... thats what I heard....
cny_chris
Saturday, August 9, 2008 8:23:51 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by SideWinder

Word on the street is that the college bought the grounds that they owned and as far as a fair again.... tough beans.... thats what I heard....

That's the rumor out there. The 'official' reason that was given for no Anderson County Fair this year was the way the dates fell on the calendar for their other spots, which didn't leave an opening in the route to hold the fair. So who knows...
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
salesman
  •  salesman
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler Topic Starter
Sunday, August 10, 2008 5:34:28 AM
Thanks for the info everyone.
"I'm Just, SICK WIT-IT"