rdcolles
  •  rdcolles
  • 57.6% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, August 5, 2008 9:47:26 AM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by rdcolles

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by rdcolles

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

Let's get a lil back on topic....From the guys out working spots where there is Campaigning going on what do you see more of? Mc Cain or Obama? I've seen more Obama because they are leaning toward a younger crowd. From what I seen they are'nt even aiming for Voting age people.....Obama is the Hip-Hop flavor of the week. If he gets beat you will never hear of the guy again. He is going for the A.D.D. Vote. It's all Sizzle and no Steak.


Sorry, must have missed in your original post where it said fan-boys weren't allowed to respond. Arrogant a-hole.

Well then, Take some pictures and report back on your Field Trips if you see any Obama mamas out there...I could care less what your personal views are.

Guys working spots have a better feel of what the town is like and it's political leanings from seeing the townies that past by them day after day....As opposed to some Fan visiting a spot. Even if your from there.

Ya, running a game there for a week will tell you everything about the politics of the area...

On a National level yeah....You can tell if a Town is more Liberal then Conservitive by watching the patrons at a Fair. Alot less Conservitive folks ask for or demead something free.

Last week I was a this wannabe antiquey, Art gallery tourist trap town that was very Liberal. The Fair Grounds has "No Smoking" signs everywhere. To help the enviroment and people from second hand smoke. OK, no big deal right? Well, the Grandstand entertainment for most of the event was Tractor Pulls. Let me tell ya, one of those Tractors puts out more Air Pollution in 15 seconds then if everyone on the Fairgrounds smoked 5 packs a day. Typical Liberal hypocrite BS.


You need to contact the networks that are spending millions of dollars to try and gauge people's opinions. They could just hire you to bring in a game for a week and you could tell them everything they wanted to know. That is, if they wanted a totally one sided opinion. Your observations are about as relevant as Rush Limbaugh's spews.

Interesting how this is totally off topic and just posted to bash Obama, yet it stays in the on-topic section. Guess when the person running the board is for the other candidate it's OK to post political non-carnival topics in this section.
2ndgencarnie
Tuesday, August 5, 2008 9:51:15 AM
How is this "off topic"? We are trying to have a discussion as to what we are seeing first hand out on the ROAD. It's been people like you running this off topic.
rdcolles
  •  rdcolles
  • 57.6% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, August 5, 2008 10:05:20 AM
It's nothing but a bash Obama topic. Glenn posts about his "doctoring up" an Obama sign and yet he complains about others posting off topic? What has "doctoring up" an Obama sign got to do with who people are for at events you've played? I suppose if someone posted a topic about how many women are and aren't wearing a bra at a spot that would be considered on topic as well. But hey, when the person running the board is for the other candidate then I guess they can do whatever they want.

The local carnival is NOT representative of the local voting population no matter how much you wish it was or wasn't.
2ndgencarnie
Tuesday, August 5, 2008 12:41:27 PM
Well Glenn got the Obama sign which he later doctored up from a festival. I would say that constitutes On-Topic. Clearly you don't know too much about this business because you can tell alot about a town by a festival and/or fair.

You should start your own "bash McCain" thread. Maybe that will give you your own place to shine... let me know when it will be going up.[8D]
rdcolles
  •  rdcolles
  • 57.6% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, August 5, 2008 1:20:15 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

Well Glenn got the Obama sign which he later doctored up from a festival. I would say that constitutes On-Topic. Clearly you don't know too much about this business because you can tell alot about a town by a festival and/or fair.

You should start your own "bash McCain" thread. Maybe that will give you your own place to shine... let me know when it will be going up.[8D]


Sorry to disappoint you, but I have too much class to start a thread with the sole purpose of bashing a candidate. I’ll leave that up to you guys, as you’re experts at it.
2ndgencarnie
Tuesday, August 5, 2008 2:31:04 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by rdcolles

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

Well Glenn got the Obama sign which he later doctored up from a festival. I would say that constitutes On-Topic. Clearly you don't know too much about this business because you can tell alot about a town by a festival and/or fair.

You should start your own "bash McCain" thread. Maybe that will give you your own place to shine... let me know when it will be going up.[8D]


Sorry to disappoint you, but I have too much class to start a thread with the sole purpose of bashing a candidate. I’ll leave that up to you guys, as you’re experts at it.



So you have too much Class (aka your too scared of what people will say) to start a thread bashing a canidate, but obviously you have no problem in participating in this 1? What is the difference?
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, August 5, 2008 2:50:37 PM
This topic was started to see what others were seeing out on the Road. Not what they see or want to see on the News or Internet.

Guys on the Road working Joints like myself and Nick talk to more people in a Week then alot of you guys will do in your lifetime. There are plenty conversations between us and the GP that do not involve getting them to play. Like I said in the First post it looks like the Obama campaign is catering toward the teen vote. It's more of a Popularity Contest then a Political Race. Every single person I asked about their Obama Button COULD'NT answer a single question with a solid answer. Other then he's gonna Change America. Most of them did'nt even know he Smoked. Probley Kools or Newports....lol
babyhughie
Tuesday, August 5, 2008 3:13:56 PM
Maybe we could hire the blue angels and have a hot air baloon show?[:D]
rdcolles
  •  rdcolles
  • 57.6% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, August 5, 2008 3:21:54 PM
Scared of what people will say? Anyone with half a brain could tell by my postings in this topic that I'm not scared of what people say, and can certainly hold my own in a political debate.

If you don't understand the difference between starting a thread with the sole purpose of causing trouble and participating in it, there's nothing I could say that would help you understand. It's like the difference between right or wrong, either you know it or you don't. And apparently you don't.

Unlike you guys I have too much class to START a "bash the candidate" thread on a CARNIVAL web site, but yes, I have no problem stooping to your level and explaining my side. I start and/or participate regularly in a lot of political forums on POLITICAL boards, so again I'm certainly not afraid of a fight.

Besides which, with the management of this site any anti McCain thread would be shut down immediately.

Matt allowing political bashing in the on-topic forum just means REAL carnival people won't take the site seriously. Since he's been on here numerous times today he's apparently just fine with that.
rdcolles
  •  rdcolles
  • 57.6% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, August 5, 2008 3:24:08 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

This topic was started to see what others were seeing out on the Road. Not what they see or want to see on the News or Internet.

Guys on the Road working Joints like myself and Nick talk to more people in a Week then alot of you guys will do in your lifetime. There are plenty conversations between us and the GP that do not involve getting them to play. Like I said in the First post it looks like the Obama campaign is catering toward the teen vote. It's more of a Popularity Contest then a Political Race. Every single person I asked about their Obama Button COULD'NT answer a single question with a solid answer. Other then he's gonna Change America. Most of them did'nt even know he Smoked. Probley Kools or Newports....lol


And they were teens that couldn't vote, so exactly what impact are they going to have on the vote in November? Again, the county fair certainly isn't an accurate sampling of the voting demographics of an area.
rdcolles
  •  rdcolles
  • 57.6% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, August 5, 2008 3:25:58 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by babyhughie

Maybe we could hire the blue angels and have a hot air baloon show?[:D]

Here's a better idea. How bout you just go drive your non-carnival truck?
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, August 5, 2008 3:28:12 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by rdcolles

Scared of what people will say? Anyone with half a brain could tell by my postings in this topic that I'm not scared of what people say, and can certainly hold my own in a political debate.

If you don't understand the difference between starting a thread with the sole purpose of causing trouble and participating in it, there's nothing I could say that would help you understand. It's like the difference between right or wrong, either you know it or you don't. And apparently you don't.

Unlike you guys I have too much class to START a "bash the candidate" thread on a CARNIVAL web site, but yes, I have no problem stooping to your level and explaining my side. I start and/or participate regularly in a lot of political forums on POLITICAL boards, so again I'm certainly not afraid of a fight.

Besides which, with the management of this site any anti McCain thread would be shut down immediately.

Matt allowing political bashing in the on-topic forum just means REAL carnival people won't take the site seriously. Since he's been on here numerous times today he's apparently just fine with that.


How can reporting what I see on the Road be considered as Starting Trouble???? Us "Real Carnies" would rather talk about other subjects we see on the road and at spots other then what rides were there.
rdcolles
  •  rdcolles
  • 57.6% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, August 5, 2008 3:31:51 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by rdcolles

Scared of what people will say? Anyone with half a brain could tell by my postings in this topic that I'm not scared of what people say, and can certainly hold my own in a political debate.

If you don't understand the difference between starting a thread with the sole purpose of causing trouble and participating in it, there's nothing I could say that would help you understand. It's like the difference between right or wrong, either you know it or you don't. And apparently you don't.

Unlike you guys I have too much class to START a "bash the candidate" thread on a CARNIVAL web site, but yes, I have no problem stooping to your level and explaining my side. I start and/or participate regularly in a lot of political forums on POLITICAL boards, so again I'm certainly not afraid of a fight.

Besides which, with the management of this site any anti McCain thread would be shut down immediately.

Matt allowing political bashing in the on-topic forum just means REAL carnival people won't take the site seriously. Since he's been on here numerous times today he's apparently just fine with that.


How can reporting what I see on the Road be considered as Starting Trouble???? Us "Real Carnies" would rather talk about other subjects we see on the road and at spots other then what rides were there.


Get real. Your past history and posts in this topic show otherwise...

How many times have you been banned from here for TOS violations?
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, August 5, 2008 3:37:17 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by rdcolles

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by rdcolles

Scared of what people will say? Anyone with half a brain could tell by my postings in this topic that I'm not scared of what people say, and can certainly hold my own in a political debate.

If you don't understand the difference between starting a thread with the sole purpose of causing trouble and participating in it, there's nothing I could say that would help you understand. It's like the difference between right or wrong, either you know it or you don't. And apparently you don't.

Unlike you guys I have too much class to START a "bash the candidate" thread on a CARNIVAL web site, but yes, I have no problem stooping to your level and explaining my side. I start and/or participate regularly in a lot of political forums on POLITICAL boards, so again I'm certainly not afraid of a fight.

Besides which, with the management of this site any anti McCain thread would be shut down immediately.

Matt allowing political bashing in the on-topic forum just means REAL carnival people won't take the site seriously. Since he's been on here numerous times today he's apparently just fine with that.


How can reporting what I see on the Road be considered as Starting Trouble???? Us "Real Carnies" would rather talk about other subjects we see on the road and at spots other then what rides were there.


Get real. Your past history and posts in this topic show otherwise...

How many times have you been banned from here for TOS violations?

What's what I've done before have to do what I say in this topic? If you don't like the Topic or the replies don't read it or post in it...
rdcolles
  •  rdcolles
  • 57.6% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, August 5, 2008 3:45:00 PM
A five year old could go back through and look at your posts and determine that the majority of your intent on here is to stir up trouble, hence the comment about your past violation(s) that got you a "vacation".

And the "Probley Kools or Newports....lol" certainly shows a lot about you.

And I'm still waiting to hear how you questioning a bunch of non-voting-age kids has anything to do with the election.

Users browsing this topic
  • OceanSpiders 2.0