Bowler Roller
Monday, August 4, 2008 12:34:58 PM
I'm not going to count every ad on their site, but if there is a majority, it's a slim majority.

What's the matter with voting for someone who doesn't have a chance? The third parties change the way the other two do things. The Reform Party was seen as costing the Republicans 2 elections, so they became the ones preaching reform. When the Green Party was seen as costing the Dems 2 elections, they started preaching Green. If the Libertarians could cost one party the win, they'll end up leaning more their way.

Voting Republicrat is telling them "I like you the way you are" voting for off party tells them to change.

Obama and his party have never been good for the middle class.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, August 4, 2008 12:57:55 PM
Let's get a lil back on topic....From the guys out working spots where there is Campaigning going on what do you see more of? Mc Cain or Obama? I've seen more Obama because they are leaning toward a younger crowd. From what I seen they are'nt even aiming for Voting age people.....Obama is the Hip-Hop flavor of the week. If he gets beat you will never hear of the guy again. He is going for the A.D.D. Vote. It's all Sizzle and no Steak.
rdcolles
  •  rdcolles
  • 57.6% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, August 4, 2008 1:29:59 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

Let's get a lil back on topic....From the guys out working spots where there is Campaigning going on what do you see more of? Mc Cain or Obama? I've seen more Obama because they are leaning toward a younger crowd. From what I seen they are'nt even aiming for Voting age people.....Obama is the Hip-Hop flavor of the week. If he gets beat you will never hear of the guy again. He is going for the A.D.D. Vote. It's all Sizzle and no Steak.


Sorry, must have missed in your original post where it said fan-boys weren't allowed to respond. Arrogant a-hole.
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, August 4, 2008 1:33:44 PM
Ive got an idea.....lets start a write-in campaigne:

VOTE FOR MATT COOK !!
Benjibear
Monday, August 4, 2008 2:33:48 PM
Voting third party or write-in is not throwing your vote away. However, your not voting for that canidate but actuially helping one of the two major candidates.

Look at the 2000 election. Most people that vote for third party canidates are more democrat in nature. I read a study from 2000 that if the people that voted third party actually voted for the candidates that had a chance, Gore would have won the election. So if you voted for Nadar or anyone else other then Gore or Bush, it was like you voted for Bush.

In 1996, we had Ross Perot. What would have happened if the approx. 20% of the voters didn't vote for him? Maybe Bush would have won the second term.


It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
2ndgencarnie
Monday, August 4, 2008 3:02:55 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

Let's get a lil back on topic....From the guys out working spots where there is Campaigning going on what do you see more of? Mc Cain or Obama?



I Definitely see more Obama...1 thing Im just about sick of seeing in Ohio is the people trying get signatures to get the Casino Issue on the November ballot. They are at every single Ohio spot I have played.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, August 4, 2008 7:14:20 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by rdcolles

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

Let's get a lil back on topic....From the guys out working spots where there is Campaigning going on what do you see more of? Mc Cain or Obama? I've seen more Obama because they are leaning toward a younger crowd. From what I seen they are'nt even aiming for Voting age people.....Obama is the Hip-Hop flavor of the week. If he gets beat you will never hear of the guy again. He is going for the A.D.D. Vote. It's all Sizzle and no Steak.


Sorry, must have missed in your original post where it said fan-boys weren't allowed to respond. Arrogant a-hole.

Well then, Take some pictures and report back on your Field Trips if you see any Obama mamas out there...I could care less what your personal views are.

Guys working spots have a better feel of what the town is like and it's political leanings from seeing the townies that past by them day after day....As opposed to some Fan visiting a spot. Even if your from there.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, August 4, 2008 7:16:33 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

Let's get a lil back on topic....From the guys out working spots where there is Campaigning going on what do you see more of? Mc Cain or Obama?



I Definitely see more Obama...1 thing Im just about sick of seeing in Ohio is the people trying get signatures to get the Casino Issue on the November ballot. They are at every single Ohio spot I have played.

I think the Casino is a Done deal. They are redoing the Bridge at I-71 and 73. The thing was just redone 3-4 years ago. Add the fact that DHL is ready to pull 8000 jobs out of Wilmington and I'd say that it's a done deal. The Vote is for show IMHO...
2ndgencarnie
Monday, August 4, 2008 7:22:30 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

Quote:

Originally posted by with-it

I think the Casino is a Done deal




I would agree...
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, August 4, 2008 7:45:50 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by Benjibear

Voting third party or write-in is not throwing your vote away. However, your not voting for that canidate but actuially helping one of the two major candidates.

Look at the 2000 election. Most people that vote for third party canidates are more democrat in nature. I read a study from 2000 that if the people that voted third party actually voted for the candidates that had a chance, Gore would have won the election. So if you voted for Nadar or anyone else other then Gore or Bush, it was like you voted for Bush.

In 1996, we had Ross Perot. What would have happened if the approx. 20% of the voters didn't vote for him? Maybe Bush would have won the second term.



That would be in 1992 Perot ran not in 1996.

The Election was Perots to lose...If he picked a Decent Running mate he would of got it....
rdcolles
  •  rdcolles
  • 57.6% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, August 4, 2008 9:44:40 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by rdcolles

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

Let's get a lil back on topic....From the guys out working spots where there is Campaigning going on what do you see more of? Mc Cain or Obama? I've seen more Obama because they are leaning toward a younger crowd. From what I seen they are'nt even aiming for Voting age people.....Obama is the Hip-Hop flavor of the week. If he gets beat you will never hear of the guy again. He is going for the A.D.D. Vote. It's all Sizzle and no Steak.


Sorry, must have missed in your original post where it said fan-boys weren't allowed to respond. Arrogant a-hole.

Well then, Take some pictures and report back on your Field Trips if you see any Obama mamas out there...I could care less what your personal views are.

Guys working spots have a better feel of what the town is like and it's political leanings from seeing the townies that past by them day after day....As opposed to some Fan visiting a spot. Even if your from there.

Ya, running a game there for a week will tell you everything about the politics of the area...
Bowler Roller
Monday, August 4, 2008 10:53:13 PM
Perot ran in '92 and '96. He did much better in '92
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, August 4, 2008 11:16:48 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by rdcolles

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by rdcolles

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

Let's get a lil back on topic....From the guys out working spots where there is Campaigning going on what do you see more of? Mc Cain or Obama? I've seen more Obama because they are leaning toward a younger crowd. From what I seen they are'nt even aiming for Voting age people.....Obama is the Hip-Hop flavor of the week. If he gets beat you will never hear of the guy again. He is going for the A.D.D. Vote. It's all Sizzle and no Steak.


Sorry, must have missed in your original post where it said fan-boys weren't allowed to respond. Arrogant a-hole.

Well then, Take some pictures and report back on your Field Trips if you see any Obama mamas out there...I could care less what your personal views are.

Guys working spots have a better feel of what the town is like and it's political leanings from seeing the townies that past by them day after day....As opposed to some Fan visiting a spot. Even if your from there.

Ya, running a game there for a week will tell you everything about the politics of the area...

On a National level yeah....You can tell if a Town is more Liberal then Conservitive by watching the patrons at a Fair. Alot less Conservitive folks ask for or demead something free.

Last week I was a this wannabe antiquey, Art gallery tourist trap town that was very Liberal. The Fair Grounds has "No Smoking" signs everywhere. To help the enviroment and people from second hand smoke. OK, no big deal right? Well, the Grandstand entertainment for most of the event was Tractor Pulls. Let me tell ya, one of those Tractors puts out more Air Pollution in 15 seconds then if everyone on the Fairgrounds smoked 5 packs a day. Typical Liberal hypocrite BS.
Benjibear
Tuesday, August 5, 2008 4:46:09 AM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by Benjibear

Voting third party or write-in is not throwing your vote away. However, your not voting for that canidate but actuially helping one of the two major candidates.

Look at the 2000 election. Most people that vote for third party canidates are more democrat in nature. I read a study from 2000 that if the people that voted third party actually voted for the candidates that had a chance, Gore would have won the election. So if you voted for Nadar or anyone else other then Gore or Bush, it was like you voted for Bush.

In 1996, we had Ross Perot. What would have happened if the approx. 20% of the voters didn't vote for him? Maybe Bush would have won the second term.



That would be in 1992 Perot ran not in 1996.

The Election was Perots to lose...If he picked a Decent Running mate he would of got it....



He ran both years but I was thinking 1992.
The running mate was a biggy, but he lost credibility when he dropped out of the race and then got back in. These two things lost him the election.
If somebody decent ran independant this year, I think that person would attrack alot of voters.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, August 5, 2008 9:35:10 AM
Obama is all fluff and no substance, period.

In Holland, Michigan, they had booths for both parties, and they both seemed to be busy when I saw them, not one over the other. Kinda like the polls right now, too close to call.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Users browsing this topic
  • OceanSpiders 2.0