slick379
  •  slick379
  • 51.5% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, July 17, 2008 7:34:19 PM
i am in the middel of redoing one of our wheels, was looking for some info on painting them,the one i am doing now is all silver wanting to repaint it some thing different. ony photos or opinions appretiated
carnivalgirl
Friday, July 18, 2008 4:43:07 AM
in the magazine (the most recent issue) they had a real nice. nice colors
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, July 18, 2008 4:45:48 AM
Can you give a little info on your wheels? TM or GM Built by whom General rule GM silver, colors won't hold up. TM White circle, doesn't make much difference just do the deck in a diffent color
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Benjibear
Friday, July 18, 2008 5:42:30 AM
I always thought tan sweeps and rim irons would be nice as a neutral color and will hide any rust. White is nice but it shows any rust or scratch's very ealily.
For the seats I would say two complementary colors like pink and blue, red and blue, green and yellow, orange and blue, etc.
For the trailer (assuming trailer mounted), maybe a green, yellow, or ed.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
slick379
  •  slick379
  • 51.5% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Friday, July 18, 2008 6:08:54 AM
TM ELI DUBBLE STAR, 12 SEATS. I WANT TO DO ALL LIGHTS IN TURBOS BUT BOSS MAN WANTS FLORESENTS FOR THEY PUT OUT MORE LIGHT, ON THE TUBS HE WAS THINKING BLUE TUBS WHITE HAIR GARDS WITH RED NUMBERS,
IndianaTED
Friday, July 18, 2008 6:41:06 AM
I'm trying to visualize...is there enough clearance between the spokes of an Eli Wheel and the towers as they pass by, to put turbos on the spokes (and rim) of the wheel like the big wheels? I always thought that would look good and wondered why it hadn't been done yet. At least I've never seen an Eli Wheel lighted in that fashion. Could it be done that way?
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, July 18, 2008 9:00:50 AM
None of the conversions will handle turbo lights. No clearance. Some of the Led and specialty lights will

A wheel with a white circle and white seats decaled properly look taller. On the Sunny conversions the paint held up well. When we put the folding stars in we left enough room for light circle which wouls accomodate turbos but white tubes on a white circle made it look massive at night.

Slick, does this wheel an Eli clutch, cable driven?

slick379
  •  slick379
  • 51.5% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Friday, July 18, 2008 5:47:13 PM
yes this one has the clutch and cabel drive.how much light does the led flat lights put out
booker
Saturday, July 19, 2008 3:21:40 AM
McDaniel Brother Shows has an Eli with turbos on there double star looks great and puts out just enough light to complement the ride
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, July 19, 2008 8:56:52 AM
Bill put new style LEDs on the Storm, the Magnum has new lighting, Talley redid the lighting on thier Sizzler all look good. Something you will have research.

For the record If you have a problem with that wheel let me know. I worked for Sunny when we mounted it.
slick379
  •  slick379
  • 51.5% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, July 19, 2008 10:11:23 AM
the other wheel was done by a man in tx, it is cabel drive but all hydrolic control, lick it better ,much smoohter
her
slick379
  •  slick379
  • 51.5% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, July 19, 2008 7:09:56 PM
does any one have a pic of the art work that goes on the tubs.back,sides and foot boards