•  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, May 24, 2008 12:56:26 AM

Homepage > Local News > Local Breaking News >
Cedar Point coaster closed after accident injures 10
By Associated Press

POSTED: 08:50 a.m. EDT, May 23, 2008

SANDUSKY: On the verge of the busy Memorial Day weekend, one of Cedar Point's roller coasters remains closed while officials investigate an accident from a week ago.

Late last Friday, one train on the WildCat didn't make it up a hill and then rolled backward, smacking into another train.

Cedar Point says nine people were treated for bruises and sprains at the amusement park's first aid station, and one was taken to a hospital to be looked at.

Park spokesman Bryan Edwards says the WildCat won't run again until the cause of the problem has been determined.

The state Department of Agriculture inspects amusement park rides. A spokeswoman there says inspectors suspect a problem with the ride's track.
UserPostedImage
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
Saturday, May 24, 2008 1:00:02 AM
Damn parks never tear their rides down for a thorough inspection. They should tear them down every 10 days to alleviate the problem.
UserPostedImage
2ndgencarnie
Saturday, May 24, 2008 8:36:10 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Damn parks never tear their rides down for a thorough inspection. They should tear them down every 10 days to alleviate the problem.

Amen Brother Tar...
kmm
  •  kmm
  • 50.06% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Saturday, May 24, 2008 5:38:08 PM
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, May 26, 2008 9:06:56 AM
If it don't go click click click going up the hill the anti rollback wasn't working. somebody blew it

I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
JustinJames
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 8:52:55 AM
Wasnt running yesterday when we went still.
AJDEJR
Thursday, May 29, 2008 12:31:49 PM
Even though C.P. hold the highest safety record in the world, what most people fail to think about is that rides are like cars, you can do everything to them, maintainance wise, but you can never tell if something is going to stick, when a sensor is going to fail or the computer might crash. This is just a little price we all have to pay sometimes for entertainment, modern living, etc. .
JustinJames
Thursday, May 29, 2008 2:16:27 PM
Had a BLAST there Monday!!! Will post a trip report later though.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, May 30, 2008 1:01:09 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Yeah, They should do it Carnival Style...Have some guys you picked up at the Homeless shelter do it for $20.[;)]
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
Friday, May 30, 2008 2:32:41 PM
Only if you want to do it with-it slick-boy style.
UserPostedImage
coacoabeware
Saturday, May 31, 2008 6:09:55 PM
Sad to hear that people were hurt there, they are very strict about safety there. I used to spend a lot of time there and had a lot of friends that worked there. We only lived about 35 -40 minutes away. I miss that place so much. We have Carrowinds here but it doesn't compare to Cedar Point.
JustinJames
Saturday, May 31, 2008 7:03:22 PM
Carowinds is owned by Cedar Fair too Colleen.
coacoabeware
Sunday, June 1, 2008 2:27:44 PM
I know that but the rides are not as exciting as Cedar Point. It is hard to explain. The rides don't seem to be as thrilling, I know that Cedar Fair bought them about 2 years ago, maybe with the new ownership they will try to bring it up to the same standards.
JustinJames
Sunday, June 1, 2008 3:34:36 PM
I know what you mean. Six Flags is the same way to me... inferior to CP.