mommasbeverage barn
Sunday, May 11, 2008 9:21:42 AM
ok with me being unknowlegible to this things got some questions. First off if u need to wash the sides can u put theme in the washer? If so then how do u just with cold water and detergant or just cold water..and when there done do u air dry theme or do u machine wash theme? thank you for the help.
Slow you down...Turn you around...Send you back the other direction!!!
circusguy
Sunday, May 11, 2008 10:19:48 AM
WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? WASH WHAT? DRY WHAT?
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, May 11, 2008 10:29:28 AM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by mommasbeverage barn

ok with me being unknowlegible to this things got some questions. First off if u need to wash the sides can u put theme in the washer? If so then how do u just with cold water and detergant or just cold water..and when there done do u air dry theme or do u machine wash theme? thank you for the help.

What does the Tag say????
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 86.98% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, May 11, 2008 11:23:18 AM
Years ago I washed ONE in the washer ( not sure of the water or detergant) but there is a thin water proof lining on the back that will "MELT" or something and will cause you more grief than it's worth. It looks like dead skin pealing off a sunburn.
JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, May 11, 2008 11:47:51 AM
Best thing I can suggest is a pressure washer and a scrub brush. Worked on ours, when we had one anyway.

Jimmy D
James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.
Flying Coaster
Sunday, May 11, 2008 8:04:32 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by Scott

Years ago I washed ONE in the washer ( not sure of the water or detergant) but there is a thin water proof lining on the back that will "MELT" or something and will cause you more grief than it's worth. It looks like dead skin pealing off a sunburn.



I used to be an EZ-up dealer back in the 90's. It's nylon pack cloth, the lining on the back is a urethane coating. Best to use a mild non-detergent soap solution, hand wash with a sponge or SOFT bristle brush, cold or luke warm water. Tumble dry on low or air dry. Do not use bleach or fabric softeners, do not dry clean.
Be careful using a power washer, especially on the coated (back) side. Good luck! [;)]

EZ-up was good to me, they'd give me a free 10'x 10' every year simply for using their logo in my yellow pages ad. Then Sam's club opened & started selling them to the public for less than I could buy them for. Bastids. [:(!]
All Skywheels should be yeller.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, May 11, 2008 9:11:35 PM
I got one of the old Steel Frame ones that weighs more three of the newer ones combined....

Wal-mart has Tops for $39 and Sidewall for $29...In Red, Blue and Green...
johnroach100
Sunday, May 11, 2008 10:31:03 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

Wal-mart has Tops for $39 and Sidewall for $29...In Red, Blue and Green...



In the store, or on an online site? Sounds like a deal. The cheapest replacement tops I could find were $139, might as well buy a whole new tent.
stickjoint
Monday, May 12, 2008 4:17:36 AM
http://www.califpalms.com/ 

give a call to these people, buy one from them if your going to go ez-up
cheap price, 2"poles, heavy canvass, and tie downs, all that for a fraction of a waterloo,type tent, now as i would say my own 2cents" save your money a buy a real tent.
try freds tents great price can stand up to anything, and fred is a great person to deal with.
and best of all both places you can wash the sides top and poles if you want no problem.
just think you wasting time and money with an ez-up.goodluck
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, May 12, 2008 10:01:20 AM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by johnroach100

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

Wal-mart has Tops for $39 and Sidewall for $29...In Red, Blue and Green...



In the store, or on an online site? Sounds like a deal. The cheapest replacement tops I could find were $139, might as well buy a whole new tent.

They are in the Store back by the Camping Supplies....Green Box about the size of a 12 pack.....


with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, May 12, 2008 10:02:28 AM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by stickjoint


try freds tents great price can stand up to anything, and fred is a great person to deal with.
and best of all both places you can wash the sides top and poles if you want no problem.
just think you wasting time and money with an ez-up.goodluck

Thanks Obel.....
the-novelty-man
Monday, May 12, 2008 10:09:54 PM
EZ UPS are Junk just my Opinion
The-Novelty-Man
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 86.98% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 4:40:12 AM
EZups are not for "SHOW" use. It all depends on what your needs are and how you work.

If your working with a show and going to be up for 5-10 days they are no good, but if you are working 1-2 day street festivals they are perfect!

All depends on your situation.

If you have one tear up on ya, save that one and when another breaks a bar, just rob one off your bad unit and replace with the old one.

I"ve got some I've had for nearly 10 years.

Two I need to replace the tops on.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 4:43:45 AM
EZ Ups helped many Flea Markets clean up thier act....They look alot better then the old Silver Tarp Canopies.....If I get a decent Weekend I'll get a pic of my sunglass joint and show ya what I use insted of EZ Ups....
Flying Coaster
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 5:41:48 AM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by Scott

EZups are not for "SHOW" use. It all depends on what your needs are and how you work.

If your working with a show and going to be up for 5-10 days they are no good, but if you are working 1-2 day street festivals they are perfect!

All depends on your situation.

If you have one tear up on ya, save that one and when another breaks a bar, just rob one off your bad unit and replace with the old one.

I"ve got some I've had for nearly 10 years.

Two I need to replace the tops on.


Exactly. They are also not idiot proof, I rented them over the counter for a while, about a third of the time they came back bent or otherwise damaged because some folks have no patience or common sense & couldn't comprehend simple directions. They start forcing things when they don't move smoothly, or they didn't tie them down correctly.
All Skywheels should be yeller.
Users browsing this topic
  • OceanSpiders 2.0