SideWinder
  •  SideWinder
  • 72.94% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, March 29, 2008 9:22:58 AM
Looking through a copy of Carnival. On pages 40-41 what do I see, but "MODELERS CORNER"

I will email them and if this section is here to return and stay then maybe i will get my subscription back.
skywheel88
Saturday, March 29, 2008 12:25:54 PM
Please let us know, if they keep it I will re-subscribe also.
Kenny.

Skywheelrider
Saturday, March 29, 2008 11:28:11 PM
Maybe they saw the discussion not long ago here about the magazine. Charles Dabbs did tell me once he reads MCW regularly. Who knows....
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
cny_chris
Sunday, March 30, 2008 4:51:25 PM
I discussed some of the complaints that have come up here about Carnival Magazine with Vicky, while I was at the trade show. When I specifically mentioned the lack of the model coverage, she indicated that they can't include it if they don't get any submissions. They've had people promise to send stuff in, and then never follow through. When you look at the fact that a lot of the content is submitted by volunteers, if you want coverage of something, put an article together, proofread it and polish it up, and submit it to them for consideration.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Skywheelrider
Sunday, March 30, 2008 5:01:38 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cny_chris

I discussed some of the complaints that have come up here about Carnival Magazine with Vicky, while I was at the trade show. When I specifically mentioned the lack of the model coverage, she indicated that they can't include it if they don't get any submissions. They've had people promise to send stuff in, and then never follow through. When you look at the fact that a lot of the content is submitted by volunteers, if you want coverage of something, put an article together, proofread it and polish it up, and submit it to them for consideration.

Yeah that is very true, you kinda forget about that.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
SideWinder
  •  SideWinder
  • 72.94% (Friendly)
Monday, March 31, 2008 1:00:28 PM
Got an email back from them and as long as people contribute stuff they will publish it in modelers corner every month.... so submit stuff and we will all be happy....
crny1234
  •  crny1234
  • 50.96% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, March 31, 2008 8:15:37 PM
its like this place ,they just need some input....

alot of you guys do a great job w/ your stuff...
"NOW MICHAEL," said the teacher to the agressive youngster," what do you think your classmates would think of you if you were always kind and polite?"
" they'd think they could beat me up!...

" GO YANKEES "
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 82.08% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, April 1, 2008 4:48:55 PM
Haven't received my April issue yet. Apparently Post Office delivers it when they feel like it. All copies are mailed out at the same time.

Most model inputs I've submitted in the last couple years have appeared within a couple months of submission.

Mailman21842
Wednesday, April 2, 2008 12:27:30 PM
Hey Bill P I'm just about done reading yours I'll be delivering it to you soon, sorry about the delay.
Just a person with a big hobby, of collecting carnival stuff.
Matt C.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008 12:31:02 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by crny1234

its like this place ,they just need some input....

alot of you guys do a great job w/ your stuff...

I can see why they, and we, have a lack of input from the modelers. It takes a lot of time and dedication on the modelers behalf to write up a nice detailed article on how they built one of their models. I did a few write ups in my day for Carnival on my models.. i always intended to do more, but ran out of time LOL.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
SideWinder
  •  SideWinder
  • 72.94% (Friendly)
Wednesday, April 2, 2008 3:19:48 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bill P

Haven't received my April issue yet. Apparently Post Office delivers it when they feel like it. All copies are mailed out at the same time.

Most model inputs I've submitted in the last couple years have appeared within a couple months of submission.

Hey Bill just a word to the wise.... If you use their 1st class mailing you get the magazines the last week of the month that the new magazine is published for...... Example:
April Issue comes 1st class the last week of march, May issue comes last week of April, etc, etc, etc...... I will be resubscribing since modelers corner will have a stay as long as they get submissions......

(I know that since being retired from Kodak all the pollution you inhaled there still hasen't left your body.......LMAO, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one......) J/K....[;)]