Whatever...
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Matt C.

TOPIC CLEANED UP!

Out of all the show owners out there, the Drews are probaly the most patriotic of them all. They are honest, hard working, good people who dedicate a lot of time to their business and our industry. I dont think its fair for ANYONE to call them communists or anti-americans.

I think if they saw some of the posts that were removed from this topic they would be very dissapointed, especially since they give so much to their employees, and, this industry.

Please, give it a rest and get back on topic...

UserPostedImage
What No American Flag to Top it off??? Just asking....lol

Disappointed? Should be Ashamed displaying that Ruskie crap....But, Atleast there is a sense of balance between Good ( USA )and Evil (USSR)there....My point was the Midway is no place for symbols of Political Groups that killed over 100 Million People...Of course it gets Censored just like it would in Mother Russia...I understand you got to take care of your Clients best intrest...Maybe the right person besides me has'nt seen that yet so they been lucky there has'nt been a Beef.....Maybe if they get some of that H2B Visa help from Romaina, Poland, any of the Slovickas or any other former Easter Block Country they might have a problem....Hope not, but the potental is there God Bless America

Like I said I had the Utmost Respect for them until I saw that....

One word....That's what I would expect from you after seeing your other replies on this topic....You ever have a ORGINAL THOUGHT or take a Stand against Something? I doubt it.

If you Love that Ride So Much why don't ya make a Model of It.....Comrade.

transplant2
Saturday, March 22, 2008 7:40:20 PM
I agree with Matt and Ryan even if i worked for the Drews or not and I might not have help the issue at all with some of my comments but I was with the Drews for 2 years and never heard a beef . Yes I held my place on the ladder of authority. I was maintenance with Cliff and I Helped give our rides breaks. But anyway great pics. of the Drews in Southgate Ga. Cyclops looks Great as always
I Don't deserve to be here
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, March 22, 2008 8:52:24 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by transplant2

I agree with Matt and Ryan even if i worked for the Drews or not and I might not have help the issue at all with some of my comments but I was with the Drews for 2 years and never heard a beef . Yes I held my place on the ladder of authority. I was maintenance with Cliff and I Helped give our rides breaks. But anyway great pics. of the Drews in Southgate Ga. Cyclops looks Great as always

I respect your involvement in the Debate...Atleast you and Ryan voiced you opinions on the matter...No matter what they are. You guys know what mine are and where I stand on such propaganda. Like I said the pics are good, the ride looks good except for the obvious....lol

Rainman, don't be afraid to post anything you might feel will start a contriversry...It's good to get these guys to do some thinking.....Even if it leans a little left....lol

***Added***
After a few rounds of PMs with Ryan He finally made a case about why he thought the Emblems were OK....I'm gonna post something Ryan sent to me in a PM Hope he don't mind....[;)]

"As far as my side of seeing these symbols on this ride this is how i see it. Now I'll admit when I seen this 4 years ago I thought it was kinda strange. But I thought to myself how ironic that the hammer and sycile emblem that was once such a mighty nations symbol of power has fallen so far to be placed on a traveling carnival ride in US. basically we b****ed slapped you so bad this how your symbol is shown. "
Now see, if he just said up front his thoughts about the theme I could live with that explaintion of his views....It makes sense to me insted of just because or what does it matter...But insted we had to beat this for 2 days....Alot of guys get caught up in the moment and get fired up over one of my posts they don't put any thought into thier own...Ask the guys that know me, I'm very laid back and open minded and can see where your comming from if you make a compelling case....
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, March 22, 2008 10:34:03 PM
What else, if not to spark a discussion or debate are these photos for? Are we to simply make comments like "nice pictures, keep up the good work"? Certainly the topic got a little heated but, it wasn't that bad. No worse than posting negative photos and saying things like "it looks like they dragged their equipment through the mud all the way from Arkansas"(that topic was never touched by the mod's and it was pretty insulting). The photos are nice but, the Hammer type ride looks a bit UnAmerican. Is it still OK to say that, it's just one opinion, no offence intended.
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
Skywheelrider
Saturday, March 22, 2008 11:32:04 PM
The name Hammer is a cool name for that ride, and seeing it in person the last two years in Knoxville, it really is a spectacular looking piece in those colours and when lit up. Still it is strange to see the CCCP and hammer and sickle on it. I like Ryan's view of it. LOL Yeah, we slapped them down alright and they still have not totally recovered. LOL

42WLA does have a point, part of the reason for posting photos is to spark a discussion. I think it's fine to say "nice photos, thanks for sharing" (unlike someone else here at MCW), but ten posts in a row like that with no discussion is kinda monotonous. Even when I post photos I hope to see at least a couple of questions of some discussion (I appreciate the compliments, but sometimes wish folks would add more, I always try to, commenting on certain photos or pieces, etc.). Just my 2¢ worth.

Nice photos by the way Raymond, Drew Expo is a nice looking show, and the folks that run it are fantastic to work with, as nice as can be, too bad the Seattle Wheel was not there, that piece alone is worth a drive to see.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
mtnvly
Sunday, March 23, 2008 4:45:49 AM
Withit, you're not taking a stand, you're typing in an opinion on one Web site. If you really want to take a stand, call the Drew's, voice your concerns to the people themselves hear their story, don't be a monday morning quarterback. We all know your opinion, and whether we agree or disagree you can certainly have it, but atleast over here let this go.
transplant2
Sunday, March 23, 2008 5:10:49 AM
I agree we did get a little acually alot off topic at hand (pics. of Drew in Augusta). I did have a hand to stir it and i thank Matt for cleaning it up , I'm sorry for my part. All of Drews rides are in great shape and well painted (Michael 😎
I Don't deserve to be here
rainman571
Sunday, March 23, 2008 5:18:20 AM
Nobody has scared me off from posting here. If anything, the discussion generated a fair amount of interest in the pics. [:)]

Unlike the pics of Reithoffer I posted around the same time...
http://www.carnivalwareh...topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24764 

As for ride theming, there isn't much more to say than what has been said.

Raymond
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, March 23, 2008 5:21:22 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 42WLA

What else, if not to spark a discussion or debate are these photos for? Are we to simply make comments like "nice pictures, keep up the good work"? Certainly the topic got a little heated but, it wasn't that bad. No worse than posting negative photos and saying things like "it looks like they dragged their equipment through the mud all the way from Arkansas"(that topic was never touched by the mod's and it was pretty insulting). The photos are nice but, the Hammer type ride looks a bit UnAmerican. Is it still OK to say that, it's just one opinion, no offence intended.

HOLY COW!!!! Somebody Gets it!!!!!!!
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, March 23, 2008 5:40:13 AM
I missed the rukus here but I do want to day the Drew's MGR is the only ride I've ever seen in red/white/blue that I have liked.

those color don't get it when it comes to my eye but in this case it looks good.
UserPostedImage
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, March 23, 2008 9:09:37 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

I missed the rukus here but I do want to day the Drew's MGR is the only ride I've ever seen in red/white/blue that I have liked.

those color don't get it when it comes to my eye but in this case it looks good.

PM me and I'll fill ya in....[;)]
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, March 23, 2008 9:40:05 AM
Anyone actually Find out if that is Indeed Supposed to be Mt. Rushmore on the Himi??? If not I'll ask them in my E-mail to them....
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, March 23, 2008 5:20:12 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Tre in GA

Yes I believe it is Mount Rushmore, it has been there for years.
Secondly, are we to ban all elements of Communist stuff in this country ? If so we better get started shutting down chinese foods (ive seen a stand selling chinese food on a show before) and stop selling anything made in China here. North Korea is Communist , should we close Korean restraunts ? What about Vietmanese places?
How about all refernces to WW2 Germany, I guess the History Channel cant show all those documentarys any more. Hey thought of another, that show Cooks Tour with Anthony Bourdain had an episode where he went to Russia ? Better send them an email and complain too.What about all the metal bands that went and played in Russia in 89 ( before the wall came down mind you) ? You gonna boycott Crue and Bon Jovi now? Hell half the rides on midways arent made in America any more anyhow. The problem is stupidity and looking at things that are different than you and thinking its bad because they are different. Wake up , get a clue and live in the modern world.
tre

You missed the point....The point I was trying to make is that a Midway is no place for any Geo-Political affliation...Especially a sworn Enemy past or present of the United States and Freedom around the World. Wether it be the CCCP, NAACP, DNC, KKK or any other group of Hatemongers their Logos should not appear on Carnival Rides....Where's the line to be drawn? Well if we can have a Commie theme is it OK for them to have a Nazi Theme too? What about a KKK Theme? We live in American and I respect thier right to do whatever they want in good taste or bad...I never once said BAN this or Anything...Some people don't like the Kamikazi name used on the ride to say it's worse then the Commie theme is a matter of personal judgement...Someone even told me that Kamikazis Killed more Americans then the Russians ( Communists)...I reminded them of the Brave Americans that died in Korea and Vietnam fighting Communist forces...

If indeed that is supposed to be Mt. Rushmore the guy did a lousy job or was working off of memory....Sure it's some kind of Portrait...I hope it's not Mt.Rushmore...I know it's a bad shot and hopefully some one has a better one...Lincoln is looking the wrong way amoung other things like George Washington looks like he has a beard...
Not knocking....just pointing out the Obvious...
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Is it possible to be pics of the Shows Founders or Heros of the Confedercy since they are from the South???