Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, March 18, 2008 8:23:13 PM
according to wades website they are playing the MO state fair. Was a Murphy contract with kevin exum covering. Did wade get the contract or are just covering
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
alibiguyny
Tuesday, March 18, 2008 10:03:38 PM
murphy has that fair sewed up......im sure they are just covering it. its a super blank anyway.......i know a guy who had a beer tent there last year and lost his arsss. so when you loose money with a beer tent what does that tell you.....
i dont smell em i just tell em......
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, March 18, 2008 10:15:37 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by alibiguyny

murphy has that fair sewed up......im sure they are just covering it. its a super blank anyway.......i know a guy who had a beer tent there last year and lost his arsss. so when you loose money with a beer tent what does that tell you.....

How the hell do you lose money in the Beer Tent in Missouri Home of Anhieser Busch???? The only way I can think is to sell Coors...lol
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 12:35:20 AM
Ryan, I think Wade is just covering it for Murphy. I heard about this last fall, and as I understood it then, it was just an agreement with MBE
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 4:15:08 AM
Wade would not be covering it if it were a blank. This fair has great potential and our former fair director has returned to set the stage for the future. There is no doubt in my mind this fair has the potential to break the 500.000 mark. The only problems besides the heat has been the outrageous prices the musicians want to play it and the last director did not bring any new attractions in. If this story is true it will bea awesome midway for Missouri and my hat goes off to Jerry Murphy for his dedication to us.
RodB
alibiguyny
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 5:30:08 AM
they had a hell of a midway when crabtree lowery and kevin exum was in there. in my honest opinion springfield is a better fair.....
i dont smell em i just tell em......
JustinJames
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 9:10:12 AM
From my understanding it's the 3rd unit booking in with another show before the 3rd unit heads to Independence.
Tornado
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 10:12:05 AM
I don't see any Long Island NY spots (Belmont, Naussa county fair, etc.), the Delaware State fair or the New Mexico State fair listed. Are they not playing any of these any more?

JustinJames
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 10:24:52 AM
The whole route is usually not posted till closer to the time of season. Gotta keep that competitive edge!!!
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 12:17:39 PM
Springfield is a good fair with Reithoffer and ends the weekend before this one starts. Being only 120 miles away has to have an impact on attendance but this fair has a better overall fairground.
The other show will most likely be Lowery but their schedule is not posted yet.
RodB
the-novelty-man
Thursday, March 20, 2008 5:33:52 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by alibiguyny

I played this fair years ago with Murphy it was a high rent BLANK then and still is go play it rodler and find out for your self
The-Novelty-Man
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, March 21, 2008 4:10:59 AM
A lot of people keep coming back. I just think there is a lot of competition there, and yes it is high rent,
RodB
Pizzagod
Friday, March 21, 2008 5:12:05 PM
When I went to ShowMe to pick up my trailer I stopped in to talk to the concessions manager about a spot. When I got to ShowMe, they told me it's not the greatest (John has had a spot there for years) and it's hard to make a buck there.

Less than enthusiastic to be sure, although it looks like a nice facility.

Springfield on the other hand? Love the fairgrounds but there are all sorts of nooks and crannies that put you out of the money.
For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.
mtnvly
Friday, March 21, 2008 5:16:21 PM
Doesn't Reithoffer play Belmont, NY.
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, March 21, 2008 5:36:00 PM
That is the point I was trying to make Pizzagood. If anyone is familiar with the Missouri State Fair if you look at all the joints and concessions for a fair that size you had better be in a pretty good spot or have already earned a good reputation to get a lot of business.
Whoever tried to come in and make money selling beer was up against too much competition. There are many popular spots on the grounds like the Bud Tent, Hacienda, All American Beer Garden, just to name a few for anyone who has been there.
RodB