crny1234
  •  crny1234
  • 50.96% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, March 6, 2008 3:35:08 PM
who thinks they got the best?
"NOW MICHAEL," said the teacher to the agressive youngster," what do you think your classmates would think of you if you were always kind and polite?"
" they'd think they could beat me up!...

" GO YANKEES "
Sponsor
BSA Mike
Thursday, March 6, 2008 3:40:16 PM
the place down the block from my house.. Little Vincent's Pizza

midway pizza sucks, i don't care who makes it, it doesn't compare to Long Island/NYC Pizza!
SideWinder
Thursday, March 6, 2008 3:42:31 PM
A place called "Marks Pizzeria here locally has the best pie around

http://www.markspizzeria.com/ 

Pontillo's Pizza is a close 2nd

http://www.pontillospizza.com/ 

Pizza hut definitly sucks.
Bowler Roller
Thursday, March 6, 2008 4:03:06 PM
Alibi Lounge, Troy Mi

Buddys Pizza, Detroit

Nikkis in Greektown
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Matt C.
Thursday, March 6, 2008 4:09:15 PM
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, March 6, 2008 4:11:49 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by BSA Mike

the place down the block from my house

midway pizza sucks, i don't care who makes it, it doesn't compare to Long Island/NYC Pizza!

Amen....We got 2 NY Style joints in our area....Flying Pizza and Rock-a-Fellas.... Rock-a-fellas kicks ass...

You don't even need to Gaff'em up with Toppings...Cheese will do just fine.
gruelurks
Thursday, March 6, 2008 4:20:19 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bowler Roller

Alibi Lounge, Troy Mi

Buddys Pizza, Detroit

Nikkis in Greektown

You need to stop my My Cousin's New York Pizzeria at Square Lake and Woodward. Best NY style pizza in the Metro area. barring that, Green Lantern Lounge in Madison Heights.

http://www.metrotimes.co...ial/review.asp?id=126683 
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.84% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, March 6, 2008 4:24:44 PM
i read about ny style pizza all the time. might be a dumb question but what makes pizza NY style?
uncle_buck
Thursday, March 6, 2008 4:32:25 PM
The question should be, not who has the best pizza, But what makes the best pizza. The dough( crust ), sauce, cheese, or pepperroni.
They'll miss us when we're gone!
BUB
  •  BUB
  • 52.62% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Thursday, March 6, 2008 4:37:28 PM
there was a geno's in chicago that was damn good. deep dish if i remeber. nino's hamburg n.y.
true buck, cheese, then dough.
what the ????
BSA Mike
Thursday, March 6, 2008 5:07:43 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by uncle_buck

The question should be, not who has the best pizza, But what makes the best pizza. The dough( crust ), sauce, cheese, or pepperroni.

the sauce is the key, by far..if you get sh*tty sauce, your pizza blows ..

the place by me home makes their sauce and man is that the way to go..
Bowler Roller
Thursday, March 6, 2008 5:46:01 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by gruelurks

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bowler Roller

Alibi Lounge, Troy Mi

Buddys Pizza, Detroit

Nikkis in Greektown

You need to stop my My Cousin's New York Pizzeria at Square Lake and Woodward. Best NY style pizza in the Metro area. barring that, Green Lantern Lounge in Madison Heights.

http://www.metrotimes.co...ial/review.asp?id=126683 

Oh yeah, I forgot about Green Lantern. They toss a mean pie, too. I used to work across the street, and we'd take exrta long breaks getting drunk and eating pizza.

I haven't heard of My Cousins, though it's not very far away.
BigGuyNC1
Thursday, March 6, 2008 5:46:34 PM
The crust makes NY pizza.Don't forget about Steverino's in Sterling Heights.But around the house here Milano Kitchen by far, put a slice on you're forehead and you're tongue'll give you a bloody nose getting to it...
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality-Ayn Rand
Bowler Roller
Thursday, March 6, 2008 5:51:02 PM
From the review

Quote:

quote:

In this Rodney Dangerfield of cities, our pies get no respect beyond our borders, which is strange given the national renown of locally based Domino's and Little Caesars.

That's so true. This is a big pizza town. It used to be that every party store had a pizza oven and sold good pies, by the slice. There are a lot of top notch pizzarieas in this area, many owned by Greeks. Instead, we're known for the 2 worst pies in the country (Dominoes, and Little Caesars).

Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, March 6, 2008 6:22:52 PM
You don't know bad pizza until you've had Hungry Howies here in the Tampa area. It's cheap sause and cheap cheese on cardboard crust. The WORST!

There's a pizza joint in Apollo Beach Next to the Publix. It's run by a family from Long Island who came down here to retire after running a pizza joint up in LI for years. He got bored and opened one here and it's as good as any LI pizza.
Sixcats have nine lives