going plum crazy
Saturday, February 16, 2008 9:09:01 PM
Does anybody have any pics of the show I work for. (Gopher State Expo or Gopher State Shows) or know where I could get some? Need them for a gift to a friend of mine.

Thanks,

Bruce
Geneo55
Sunday, February 17, 2008 4:39:47 AM
Ah jeez, do they have to be new? How about if they were taken 35 years ago?
going plum crazy
Wednesday, February 20, 2008 6:13:23 AM
actionjacksonsign
Geneo55
Thursday, February 21, 2008 5:18:52 AM
Nope, not playing with anybody, all going plum crazy has to do is respond to the PM I sent him.

A couple of years ago I posted some of my old pics of various shows here. While the majority of the responses were positive there were some that were quite rude. What some people fail to realize is that these pics were taken at time when things were a little harder. Rides and joints were not as polished as they are now. Ride trucks and even logos on the side of them were hand painted.

I have no problem with sharing my photos with people who appreciate them for what they are, just a snap shot of history. But I'll be damned if I'm going to put them up for public ridicule.
the-novelty-man
Thursday, February 21, 2008 7:07:02 AM
Very well said Geneo
The-Novelty-Man
canadiancarny
Thursday, February 21, 2008 7:41:16 AM
I think those kind of pics when compared to the same show now can really say alot about a show. But, I can understand why you would not want to post them.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:04:22 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Geneo55

Nope, not playing with anybody, all going plum crazy has to do is respond to the PM I sent him.

A couple of years ago I posted some of my old pics of various shows here. While the majority of the responses were positive there were some that were quite rude. What some people fail to realize is that these pics were taken at time when things were a little harder. Rides and joints were not as polished as they are now. Ride trucks and even logos on the side of them were hand painted.

I have no problem with sharing my photos with people who appreciate them for what they are, just a snap shot of history. But I'll be damned if I'm going to put them up for public ridicule.

Those are thetype pics I like to see....Ones of Keeping it Real....All we see anymore are ones for Factory Brochures....
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, February 21, 2008 11:17:28 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Geneo55

Geneo; Post as many as you can man. I love vintage photos of old shows. Arn't you the guy who told me he was on the Collins show? If so I'd love to see some pics of Wm. T. Collins.

Ignore those haters.
Pizzagod
Friday, February 22, 2008 1:45:39 AM
Ditto.
I'm so tired of knockers of any sort.

I get a lot of that on YouTube "Nobody likes you" "You suck" etc. Ya don't like the stuff, just move on. You can't say anything nice.... etc.

I say post them, and ignore the pinheads that say mean things.
For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.
dadamuse
Friday, February 22, 2008 2:49:56 AM
Geneo55
Friday, February 22, 2008 6:07:54 AM
[img][/img]www.flickr.com/photos/24006042@N05/2283436797/

I think you guys are right about posting pics, besides "going plum crazy" hasn't responded to my PM anyway.

I got to thinking, this photo is 40 years old. The show started back in 1948 and has come a long way. You can find more info on them at WWW.gopherstateexpo.com .
mgr man
Friday, February 22, 2008 12:16:30 PM
I am glad you posted pictures. i like seeing how things used to be
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, February 22, 2008 1:34:53 PM
Great Pics Geneo, give us MORE!!!! [:D]
going plum crazy
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 1:58:24 PM
Sorry Geneo I got stuck working alot of overtime at my winter job. I hope you got my e-mail.