skywheel88
  •  skywheel88
  • 59.08% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Friday, January 25, 2008 10:38:40 PM
Some of you may remember last year I had a tragic accident with my Giant Wheel and it was destroyed except for the seats and trailers. Well, I finally decided to get off my butt and build another one. This one is built much stronger and taller (more true to scale) and painted in a deep teal instead of light lime green. Amazingly enough progress is going smoothly and quickly and so far I am extremely happy with the results. Got the tubs finished, painted and attached today! Here's some NEW pics for you all.[:D]

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Kenny.

AGS
  •  AGS
  • 55.38% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Saturday, January 26, 2008 1:36:15 AM
It's hard to believe that it is not a kit. Great Work !!, Again !! Keep up the Great modeling. They all look Great !!
chuck walls
Saturday, January 26, 2008 2:21:44 AM
Just like the green one it's beautiful, great job do you have plans or did you build it from a pic, can't wait to see it finished.
chuck walls
Greg
  •  Greg
  • 55.58% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, January 26, 2008 6:09:07 AM
That is so beautiful!!! Does it turn?
My albums are all on Facebook!
skywheel88
  •  skywheel88
  • 59.08% (Neutral)
Saturday, January 26, 2008 6:37:15 AM
Thanks guys! I used to have the specs for it, but I must have deleted them, so I drew up plans using all my pics as a guide. Yes, Greg, I build all of my rides non-static just in case I decide to motorize them in the future, that way if I do motorize it will take the least amount of modifications. I wanted to send you the specs on the actual ride, Greg, but like I said above, I must have deleted them, I do, however, have alot of good shots of this ride which I can send you, so PM me and let me know. Thanks again, you guys![:D]
Kenny.

Skywheelrider
Saturday, January 26, 2008 7:12:24 AM
Looks fantastic so far Kenny. Outstanding work.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, January 26, 2008 7:56:09 AM
Kenny that looks awesome.

Makes me wish that Rainman would have released his kit so I could build one.

Maybe we could get Don Cummons to build one. [;)]
actionjacksonsign
Thursday, January 31, 2008 10:36:29 AM
did a great job keep up with the good work
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by skywheel88

Thanks guys! I used to have the specs for it, but I must have deleted them, so I drew up plans using all my pics as a guide. Yes, Greg, I build all of my rides non-static just in case I decide to motorize them in the future, that way if I do motorize it will take the least amount of modifications. I wanted to send you the specs on the actual ride, Greg, but like I said above, I must have deleted them, I do, however, have alot of good shots of this ride which I can send you, so PM me and let me know. Thanks again, you guys![:D]

Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, January 31, 2008 6:55:40 PM
Matt C.
Thursday, January 31, 2008 8:08:52 PM
Your wheel look great Kenny!
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
natet_2003
chuck walls
Friday, February 1, 2008 2:42:38 AM
Ken, I new it would turn out beautiful, what a great job, colors are fantastic.
chuck walls
skywheel88
  •  skywheel88
  • 59.08% (Neutral)
Friday, February 1, 2008 4:08:47 AM
Thanks so much you guys, I really appreciate it![:D] That's the one thing I always loved about Royal American Shows, COLOR was the name of the game.
Kenny.

bigjlh
Friday, February 1, 2008 5:50:44 AM
very impressed with wheel used sit next to it all the time on ras with swiss bobs years ago brings fond memories of the best show on earth memory lane for sure thnx bigjlh
crnvl
Friday, February 1, 2008 6:53:57 AM