with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, January 13, 2008 8:17:10 PM
http://www.sterlingtrucks.com/SterlingBullet/ 

Anyone see the new Sterling Bullet one ton trucks? Perfect for this Biz...They come as Cab and Chasis so they are ready for whatever bed you want to put on them....

Then again they are Rebadged Dodge 4500 and 5500 Trucks...

I'm personally holding out on a Brand New Truck until the One-Ton Toyota Tundra Duallys come out later this year or early next....
squirrel
Sunday, January 13, 2008 9:18:35 PM
I'll stick with the Ford SuperCab F350 PowerStroke for now... If all that thing is - is a Dodge under a pretty logo, I'll pass... Dealt with one too many Dodge electrical nightmares and transmission changes... Been driving one (F-350) and an F-450 (SuperDuty) for half a season, and got absolutely no complaints -- both of em were pullin' sons of -----'es if you ask me...

Although I might be tempted on the Toyota deal if it came in a Diesel -- the last Toyota I had was a good little truck... drove it till the fenders fell off - but that thing still ran--
john777
  •  john777
  • 67.28% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, January 14, 2008 2:45:48 AM
nice truck .i have had a dodge since 1994 400,000 and truck still runs like a new truck.i just got a 07 mega cab ,this truck drives great great m.p.g. you just can't beat that cummins
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, January 14, 2008 3:35:15 AM
I'll take a cab and chassis, LWB, duallie, just for tooling to the mall on sundays. As soon as petrol is back to one buck, the gallon.
UserPostedImage
2ndgencarnie
Monday, January 14, 2008 4:29:15 AM
That doesn't look too bad but I think i will just stick to my old trucks, plus when im allowed to use it my wife bought an f-350 super-duty crew cab last summer so im pretty well covered. I bought a flat-bed for her truck but she refuses to have it put on stating her reason as..."it's not pretty". See what i have to live with[^]
squirrel
Monday, January 14, 2008 5:01:36 AM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

That doesn't look too bad but I think i will just stick to my old trucks, plus when im allowed to use it my wife bought an f-350 super-duty crew cab last summer so im pretty well covered. I bought a flat-bed for her truck but she refuses to have it put on stating her reason as..."it's not pretty". See what i have to live with[^]

Offer to airbrush the bed in her favorite design [}:)] Are/is you/she happy with the F350? I never liked Fords -- still don't, but their PowerStroke F-series trucks have left a new impression on me to say the least.
2ndgencarnie
Monday, January 14, 2008 7:41:08 AM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by secret.squirrel

引用:

quote:

Offer to airbrush the bed in her favorite design [}:)] Are/is you/she happy with the F350? I never liked Fords -- still don't, but their PowerStroke F-series trucks have left a new impression on me to say the least.

Ya...thats an idea. We like our Fords. The Power-Stroke is 1 hell of an engine in my opinion.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
Monday, January 14, 2008 8:43:15 AM
引用:

quote:

引用:

quote:

引用:

quote:

Ya...thats an idea. We like our Fords. The Power-Stroke is 1 hell of an engine in my opinion.

You still got the "Carney 1" tags?
2ndgencarnie
Monday, January 14, 2008 8:48:28 AM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

引用:

quote:

引用:

quote:

引用:

quote:

You still got the "Carney 1" tags?

fo sho, i aint never gettin rid of that.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
Monday, January 14, 2008 8:57:17 AM
2ndgencarnie
Monday, January 14, 2008 8:58:39 AM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Incase you have'nt seen the Toyota Dually.....

http://www.toyotatundraf...-dually-tundra-pics.html 

Holy Crap, i really thought you were joking.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, January 14, 2008 9:16:22 AM
At the moment, that is a SEMA show dog and not a production vehicle.
UserPostedImage
2ndgencarnie
Monday, January 14, 2008 9:18:49 AM
is there any sort of time frame on that thing. I am pretty interested in seeing this thing in action...

With-it, when you buy one I wanna take it for a test run before i invest.
squirrel
Monday, January 14, 2008 11:21:48 AM
引用:

quote:

is there any sort of time frame on that thing. I am pretty interested in seeing this thing in action...

With-it, when you buy one I wanna take it for a test run before i invest.

From what I saw, it looks pretty sharp -- I read a little on a forum that shows more pics, and the only thing I noticed is they are still having problems getting the HP/Torque response straightened out vs. what the Dodge/Cummins package can do... So I'd have to say that if they get the performance straightened out like they did with their gas burners, it will definitely be a force to be reckoned with!
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
Monday, January 14, 2008 12:00:12 PM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

At the moment, that is a SEMA show dog and not a production vehicle.

They are shooting for a 2008-2010 debute....I know some guys at Toyota and they said it's a Go...

I think they should Build them in Texas just to p*** in the Pick Up Trucks Home Stomping ground....