Benjibear
  •  Benjibear
  • 80.26% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, November 29, 2007 3:37:01 PM
This stems from another topic here about carnival going to hati. I know Royal American Shows played Pannama and Reithoffer went to Argentina. What other shows went that far south over our winter. What are the success stories and what are the nightmere stories? Just curious.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
rsdoran
Thursday, November 29, 2007 3:50:06 PM
I got caught up in going to other countries twice (shame on me), lost a very large and complete toolbox on one of them. I was suppose to go with Doc Harding once but he took the cheap help and had issues.

Roller did ok until he went to Panama, was not the place to go.

The islands are game spots, the rides are there for attraction, may do OK with any. South America is/was dangerous regardless of country.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, November 29, 2007 4:10:33 PM
Played Puerto Rico in the early 60s with Collins. We stayed to long in Ponce and San Quan but WT made money and the jointees weren't really complaining.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, November 29, 2007 4:26:58 PM
Pirates on the barges going over, looting your booty in the doghouse. Bogus promoters.
Gov regs, taxes. My crew fought over a pistol they found on a ride in PR. One went to the slammer and witnessed a jailmate being killed.

No guns and no tolerance. They let him out since there was no one to put up the money.
UserPostedImage
cny_chris
Thursday, November 29, 2007 5:04:09 PM
Ask someone from Reithoffer about their equipment being seized by the government during one of those trips south. Eventually, as I recall, they got some of the stuff back, but it was a big mess. That's one of the problems with going to some of those little "Banana Republics", you're taking a gamble...
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
rsdoran
Thursday, November 29, 2007 5:09:07 PM
When I went to CVS I got to rebuild and work a Zipper that was one of those items left on the dock per se.
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Thursday, November 29, 2007 5:18:42 PM
they got it back, minis the wiring, coppers, diamond plates, control boxes, etc

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cny_chris

Ask someone from Reithoffer about their equipment being seized by the government during one of those trips south. Eventually, as I recall, they got some of the stuff back, but it was a big mess. That's one of the problems with going to some of those little "Banana Republics", you're taking a gamble...

www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Trucker090
Friday, November 30, 2007 11:19:06 AM
I only go as far as I can with one foot staying on US soil..
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com