MCW Editor
Wednesday, November 14, 2007 5:55:43 PM
I don't think the intent ever was to draw people away from the message board. The idea was more to broaden the offerings MCW has. Some go to the message board exclusively. Others never (or rarely) view the message board. Still others do both.

The headlines are just a way of compiling all the news articles from around the country that touch on the fair, festival and carnival businesses. Many people used to search the web for this information and spend a lot of time doing it. Now Matt does it for you. The headlines, along with the articles are a way to keep the site fresh and evoke discussion on the message boards.

Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, November 15, 2007 12:22:28 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Benjibear

I
I am just curious with a question for Matt. How do you find the headings?

You set up a search engine to your advantage. I used "Google Beta Search" to find postings to articles but Matt now beats me me to it.
UserPostedImage
2ndgencarnie
Thursday, November 15, 2007 5:22:46 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rsdoran

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

Im not saying get rid of them. I was just asking if the people who's brain child this was thought the master plan of getting more people out to the home page was successful. If I was looking for a vote i would have made this a poll.

Man, Everyone is getting a little touchy, even Matt. I was just giving my opinion, please... don't lose any sleep over it.!!

I wanted to edit this and say Matt the post above while i was typing my post. That was what i was looking for, stats

Not exactly true.

Quote:

quote:

I was just wondering what Matt and the other "Mods" from this site thought about the "headlines" topics that are posted daily. As I remember they were designed to lure us away from the daily grind of the message board out to the front. I was just curious if they thought they were successful with this mission or if it was a bust.

I for one can't stand the idea. There has to be a rediculous amount of Monday's Headlines's topics in the archives. I admit i read them every once in a great while but i sure don't look at them everyday. Nor do i look at the topic and head straight for the home page. The last time i posted something in one of those topics i caught grieve about it the next weekend 2 states away. So after that whole deal i gave up on the DAILY HEADLINE CONSPIRACY TO MOVE US OUT OF OUR COMFORT ZONE! JUST SAY NO

Clearly stated you did not like it and thought it should be gone.

wow fancy post... where again did i say i wanted them gone? Im reading over this and i have been unable to find the line were i stated i wanted them gone. I was able to located where i stated that I read them everyone now and again and also where i clearly stated Im not saying they should get rid of them. But i guess you most know something i don't, heck all I did was post the words that you're saying i did, or DID I?
brooksiemalone
Thursday, November 15, 2007 8:43:45 AM
i check in at least once a day. i look at the classifieds, i check over the message board, and I LOVE the scrolling headlines. Thank you to Matt, the Mods, and everyone that takes time to share info, photos, opinions, and articles, etc...for keeping us all enlightened and informed.
Some days penuts, somedays shells!!
Discjo
Thursday, November 15, 2007 9:20:29 AM
Quick -- Easy -- Str8 to the point >>> what more could you want?
I love it !!
Thanks
Matt
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, November 15, 2007 2:32:39 PM
I found the "view all" button, so im good....lol
Skywheelrider
Thursday, November 15, 2007 3:05:28 PM
I click on the headlines topic each day, and if something stands out or sounds interesting, I visit the home page and click on the link. If not, I don't. Simple as that.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, November 15, 2007 4:01:52 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

I click on the headlines topic each day, and if something stands out or sounds interesting, I visit the home page and click on the link. If not, I don't. Simple as that.

same here. i use the click all button at the bottom of the scrolling headlines to select the ones i want to read.