Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Sunday, November 18, 2007 11:00:52 PM
midwest traded theres to wisdom, where it still sits
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Skywheelrider
Monday, November 19, 2007 12:46:23 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

midwest traded theres to wisdom, where it still sits

Thanks Ryan. That answers the question as to what happened to Wade's Mulligan Swings as well, since they are one and the same.

I'll go into my photos again and post a couple of photos of Mulligan Sky Quest, which is the updated Mulligan Swings. Only one was built, Jules and Beck had it for awhile, now Playworld Amusements here in Michigan has it. Very sharp looking swings, actually.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Skywheelrider
Monday, November 19, 2007 1:01:17 AM
Well that did not take long. Had a photo on the computer here already. I figured since we were on the subject of Mulligan Swings, might as well upload a photo of the new version they built, only one of which was produced. As I said, originally owned by Jules and Beck Combined Shows, now owned by Playworld Amusements. Called the Sky Quest, I thought it was sharp looking for a one trailer swings ride. This photo was taken in August 2004 at the Wayne County Fair in Belleville, Michigan, when Jules and Beck played the spot.

UserPostedImage

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, November 19, 2007 6:46:39 AM
i saw that mulligan sky quest up in michigan with jules and beck and saw it this fall with playworld in sanford nc. very sharp, nice looking piece. not exactly a wave swinger tho.
CrAzY DaNcE Dj
Monday, November 19, 2007 5:35:43 PM
They took all the measurements off ours to build that one. I guess the didnt keep the original plans. Im not sure if they did it to that one but they were supose to eliminate the outer cat walk by making the trailer 50ft instead of 45ft.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, November 19, 2007 9:36:24 PM
fun city shows back in their day had a mulligan swings similar to the one dreamland has.
Greg
  •  Greg
  • 55.58% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 7:37:56 AM
Bill Mulligan told me they were trying to make the sides double fold so they could "pup" the Sky Quest...I guess that never came about.
My albums are all on Facebook!