Monday, October 22, 2007 5:01:52 AM
http://www.ncstatefair.org/2007a/Newsroom/10-07wrapup.htm 

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MONDAY, OCT. 22, 2007

Brian Long, director
N.C. State Fair Press Office
(919) 218-7048

2007 N.C. State Fair ends on two record-setting notes
RALEIGH – The N.C. State Fair ended its 10-day run with a new all-time record attendance of 858,611, shattering the previous record of 846,724 that had stood since 2000.

Sunday’s attendance of 98,433 was also a record for a second Sunday. The previous record of 90,241 was set in 2005.

“I had a good feeling going into this year’s Fair that it would be record setting, and I am thrilled we have reached this milestone. But just as importantly, I am grateful we had a safe Fair and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves,” said Agriculture Commissioner Steve Troxler. “I want to thank North Carolinians for coming out and making this the biggest State Fair ever.”

The 2007 State Fair also marked several other milestones, including five sold-out shows in Dorton Arena: MercyMe, Josh Turner, Paula Deen, Kellie Pickler and Daughtry.

In addition, the Fair boasted its largest midway with 113 rides, and posted its largest attendance for a Tuesday with 69,829, which had stood since 1984.

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, October 22, 2007 5:04:27 AM
article also on www.wral.com  i just finished typing it chris on the ncsf ride pics topic. double coverage here for the latest carnival news on matt's.
cny_chris
  •  cny_chris
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, October 22, 2007 5:04:53 AM
Although Vendors said sales were down:

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/f...mp;c=1&tb=1&pb=1 

Saturday, October 20, 2007
Vendors say fair sales are down

Even though attendance is up, vendors at the State Fair say their sales are down.

"[It's] different types of people," said Ron Robare of Arkansas. "It isn't the numbers, it's people with disposable income that count."

Trains, planes and cars were Robare's product, models carved in impressive detail out of mahogany and birch. His booth is in the Kerr Scott Building just inside Gate 11.

Just before the N.C. State Fair, Robare was selling at "The Big E." That's the Eastern States Exposition in West Springfield, Mass., billed as the biggest fair in the northeast. It runs for 17 days.

Sales were down there, too, he said, about 20 percent.

Juan Lee, of California, is selling an impressive, colorful display of ceramic art in the Education Building.

The lighthouses and beach scenes do well in North Carolina, he said. Still, his sales are down.

Like Robare, he has been traveling across the country, selling his product. "It's everywhere," he said.

Why are sales down?

"I have no idea," Lee said. "It may be the economy."

Posted at 01:26 pm by Deborah Jackson in Fair Blog

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Midway Provydr
Monday, October 22, 2007 7:13:01 AM
i kinda figured they would set a new record with the crowds there this past weekend, it was really packed!
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, October 24, 2007 2:55:43 AM
Don't forget record profits for the committee![}:)]
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, October 24, 2007 3:03:09 AM
Quote:

Originally posted by cny_chris

No clue why sales are down, really? Those vendors are selling dust collectors which the consumers can live without. Fair patrons are saving for the neccessities, like fried PB&J.

UserPostedImage
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, October 24, 2007 4:08:33 AM
Does anyone know what the record attendance cost the show?
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, October 24, 2007 5:37:14 AM
The ones that know will never tell and the ones that tell don't really know! In a word "dearly"!!
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, October 24, 2007 10:12:30 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cny_chris

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/f...mp;c=1&tb=1&pb=1 

Saturday, October 20, 2007
Vendors say fair sales are down

Even though attendance is up, vendors at the State Fair say their sales are down.

"[It's] different types of people," said Ron Robare of Arkansas. "It isn't the numbers, it's people with disposable income that count."

Trains, planes and cars were Robare's product, models carved in impressive detail out of mahogany and birch. His booth is in the Kerr Scott Building just inside Gate 11.

Just before the N.C. State Fair, Robare was selling at "The Big E." That's the Eastern States Exposition in West Springfield, Mass., billed as the biggest fair in the northeast. It runs for 17 days.

Sales were down there, too, he said, about 20 percent.

Juan Lee, of California, is selling an impressive, colorful display of ceramic art in the Education Building.

The lighthouses and beach scenes do well in North Carolina, he said. Still, his sales are down.

Like Robare, he has been traveling across the country, selling his product. "It's everywhere," he said.

Why are sales down?

"I have no idea," Lee said. "It may be the economy."

Posted at 01:26 pm by Deborah Jackson in Fair Blog

Interesting, I saw his booth, his products were extremely nice looking, very impressive, but expensive.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain