Matthew
  •  Matthew
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, October 10, 2007 6:08:03 PM
I was checking UsedRides.com and noticed that the Holiday Bounce is no longer listed. If it's met its fate then it's sad to see such a ground breaking ride to be scrapped. It was a ride that was ahead of its time. Not only being very successful but able to strut its stuff against the Calypso. Hrubetz would never had the Tip Top if it weren't for the Holiday Bounce. All I can say is rest in peace for a true American classic.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, October 11, 2007 3:26:06 AM
Ridee-O
Thursday, October 11, 2007 4:05:37 AM
[:)]

Actually I think Hrubetz got the idea for the Tip Top from the Bubble
Bounce built by Custer Specialities from Ohio.The ride was successful at many parks and although it was also portable it was not available as a trailer mounted unit. Probably by the time Hrubetz started to build them the Patents had run out and Custer was getting old. Sad to see another classic ride lost but the old rides are disappearing rapidly.

Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, October 11, 2007 4:22:21 AM
It would be ineresting to find out if it did indeed get scraped. I saw that ride in action years ago, and it was impressive for the times, pre-computerized times.
cny_chris
Thursday, October 11, 2007 4:31:45 AM
There was a topic a while back that discussed it getting scrapped. I can't find it right now, but will look for it later and post the link if I do find it.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
chief
Thursday, October 11, 2007 5:09:46 AM
I loved that ride, i thought it was a money maker and great looking ride. Is it for sure scraped????

Chief
"the party in hell has been canceled, do to the fire"
JustinJames
Thursday, October 11, 2007 5:18:02 AM
I remember it comming to the Michigan State Fair with the late Dwayne Steck. This was of course when I was a lil kid. What a ride!!!
BUB
  •  BUB
  • 52.62% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Thursday, October 11, 2007 6:41:15 AM
scrapped.................
what the ????
Raziel Lestrange
Thursday, October 11, 2007 1:01:12 PM
I'm pretty sure it was posted on here it was a re-done Custer , if thats the case is this the last of Bubble Bounces ?

Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, October 11, 2007 2:44:22 PM
Unfortunetly, the ride and the builder were layed to rest in the same year.

But his spirit lives on, right here @ MCW.
UserPostedImage
Skywheelrider
Thursday, October 11, 2007 10:16:19 PM
Yep, I remember the Holiday Bounce at the Michigan State Fair in the very early 1980's, it sat at the "point," on the top (north) end of the inside of the midway, right across from the twin Sky Wheel's. Beautiful ride, the music they played was strange to me at the time, but now as I think about it, with all the scenes from Europe all over the back wall and such, the music they played really did fit the ride. A shame to see it's gone now. Wow, that was around 25 years ago as I think about it. LOL
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
RRSHOW1
  •  RRSHOW1
  • 57.26% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, October 12, 2007 4:31:43 AM
I believe a tub or two survives at Used Rides yard in Greer
Matthew
  •  Matthew
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Friday, October 12, 2007 9:26:44 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Unfortunetly, the ride and the builder were layed to rest in the same year.

But his spirit lives on, right here @ MCW.

For me it lives on as a model which is still almost finished. I need to find someone who can do the lightspray for me.
Trucker090
Friday, October 12, 2007 10:09:16 AM
Great old ride, may it RIP.
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 82.08% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, October 12, 2007 3:57:24 PM
Saw the Holiday Bounce once or twice at the CNE in Toronto in the 70's. It may have played Crystal Beach Park in Canada one season before the CNE too.

On another subject I think I remember them using a recorded "Thank you for riding Holiday Bounce" on it back then. Predecessor to the talk boxes in use today?