pizzaman
  •  pizzaman
  • 51.08% (Neutral)
  • Operations Topic Starter
Wednesday, October 3, 2007 10:21:13 PM
I have a Crazy Bus that got stuck while the bus was at the top. The counterweights are heavier than the bus. The factory has an emergency procedure to lower the bus down in cas of power failure or computer failure. You are to connect a chain (supplied) to a hand crank, release the brake and crank it down. We tried but was imposible to crank past 1 o'clock, Two of us on the crank. We ended up calling the fire Dept to bring over a lader truck. I'm wondering if anyone else had a simular problem? and did you figure out a different way to get the bus down?
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, October 4, 2007 5:43:12 AM
What caused the bus to stop at the top? If the drive siezed it would have to be disconnected before you could crank it down. I am not familar with that ride but my experience on related machinery would have suggested the drive locked up.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
JustinJames
Thursday, October 4, 2007 5:43:13 AM
Our Crazy Submarine got stuck once or twice. We just cranked it down. Not sure why yours wouldn't.
pizzaman
  •  pizzaman
  • 51.08% (Neutral)
  • Operations Topic Starter
Thursday, October 4, 2007 8:16:39 AM
No our drive didn't lock up. Turns out a blowen fuse that operates the DC field was the problem. It took an hour to find and we didn't have a spare, We released the brake and couldn't crank the bus far, it seemed too heavy even with two of us on the crank.
cny_chris
Thursday, October 4, 2007 3:14:14 PM
If I recall correctly, Dreamland Amusements' Crazy Bus got stuck on top last year. They went the fire department route as well.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, October 4, 2007 7:52:21 PM
There is a mechanical brake that you have to release on the back of the motor. If I remember correctly, it is a piece of 1/4 by 1 rolled into an arch and about the size of a small pail handle.

When you release the brake, the ride can be turned much easier. But when you stop cranking, make sure the brake is engaged, otherwise the bus will go right back to the top.

A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.