TrafficJam
Sunday, September 30, 2007 2:56:38 AM
I just saw a Sunday morning news report up here in Michigan on TV that a 60 year old woman fell off a Ferris Wheel 25 feet and broke some bones at a fair in TN. Looked like they showed the Wade Shows Giant Wheel. It was kind of a vague report--like often happens. Just wondering what happened.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, September 30, 2007 3:17:58 AM
I saw the same thing on MSNBC, but I wasn't able to see the show logo on the center. It was a Chance Giant Wheel
snowman
chuck walls
Sunday, September 30, 2007 3:52:03 AM
I may be speaking to soon, but if I read the artical right a witness saw her standing and waveing, I think my investigation would start there.
chuck walls
JustinJames
Sunday, September 30, 2007 5:58:19 AM
It was Wade Show's Giant Wheel[V]
Trucker090
Sunday, September 30, 2007 6:58:44 AM
Now they will say they need to put seatbelts in to secure the riders.
Another bad rap in the making.. She was lucky to land on the center and not hit the ground..

<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, September 30, 2007 6:59:13 AM
引用:

quote:

Ferris Wheel Fall Shuts Down Ride

Sep 30, 2007 12:37 AM CDT

LAWRENCEBURG, Tenn.- A popular carnival ride was shut down after a 60 year old woman fell 30 feet from the top of a ferris wheel bucket.

The victim, a 60 year old woman, had to be taken by life flight to Vanderbilt Friday night, but not before a dramatic rescue from the center axle, of a giant ferris wheel.

Eyewitness at the Middle Tennessee District Fair in Lawrenceburg said before she fell she was standing in the bucket waving.

Sean Johnson caught the rescue on his video phone. A high rise rescue was required. Officials said the woman's fall came to rest at the center axel of the farris wheel, tangled in spokes lying flat on her back.

"She was struggling a bit trying to roll herself over," said Fair Communications Director, Bill Phillips.

He said the emergency officials got to her immediately and were able to secure her. They lowered her safely to the ground.

Gracie Henson,60, is a retired school librarian at Crocket Elementary school. She suffered a broken collar bone, ribs and leg.

Phillips said the ride is shut down until a neutral inspector can check every inch of the ride for mechanical mal-function.

I will reserve my comments a sarcasism while the investigation goes on other than to say you can't fix stupid.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Benjibear
Sunday, September 30, 2007 7:54:03 AM
Was she a single rider?
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Jackpotter
Sunday, September 30, 2007 3:15:28 PM
Please remain seated at all times. What about that do people NOT understand?
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, September 30, 2007 4:35:14 PM
I agree, there is no fix for stupid! It's amazing that she survived.
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
violater_1968
Sunday, September 30, 2007 4:49:53 PM
I gaurentee that she will probably sue them for her own stupitity. I'd say they should sue her for lost money and bad publicity that the carnival recieved from it.[:(!]
skywheel88
Sunday, September 30, 2007 5:01:28 PM
Oh God, I feel sorry for this to happen to Wade Shows, I wish I could say the same for the dumb librarian who in spite of her access to a room full of books doesn't have the education enough to read "Please remain seated at all times."[V] The only thing that was malfunctioning at the time was her thinking.
Kenny.

with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
rdcolles
  •  rdcolles
  • 57.6% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, October 1, 2007 4:14:34 AM
Well look what's crawled out from under a rock to comment on the accident...

http://www.newschannel5....obal/story.asp?S=7149706 
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, October 1, 2007 5:57:25 AM
Either they failed to quote him properly or he failed to mention all the facts. The fact is she stood up, end of story. You can bet she has a lawyer. I am guessing she was a single rider, there has been no mention of any other riders. What is needed is a rider responsibility law model after the ones they have in Europe. At 60 she should have known better than stand. Time for decals, Do Not Stand, Remain Seated At All Times, No Single Riders and We Are Not Responsible For Improper Conduct (STUPIDITY).

There is no difference between what she did and trying to beat a train at a crossing or leaving your seat belt undone when flying.

As for our friend, the remarks quoted show he doesn't have a clue. I wouldn't let him inspect a sandbox.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked