skydiver77
  •  skydiver77
  • 66.38% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 8:16:42 AM
I know i've not seen one for sale on ebay in a long long time, not even one sealed in the box. I would love to get my hands on this ride again and complete it. The last one i had, i got overwhelmed and sold it like it was. I think what overwhelmed me was the amount of pieces, but, all of those "tacky" [xx(] Pirate-themed pieces aren't neccessary at all. I think the ride would look much better without them Pirate themed pieces. It would look outstanding done up like Strates Shows' or Reithoffer's Roc 'N Rapids / White Water, and i know those 2 traveling water rides do not have a Pirate theme to 'em or never have...hope they never do. lol [^] I know that Strates Shows has a tunnel of some sort on their White Water after the log cars have plunged down at the bottom of the steepest hill, water flies up and hits a tunnel-like feature.

Maybe to prevent water from hitting folks on the midway?, or other riders in the other log cars?, that'd be my guess as to why that tunnel-like piece catches most of the water....or to recycle it back into the ride's water system. Either way, i'm mainly wanting that Faller Log Flume to recreate the Myrtle Beach Pavilion layout. I would want a working Flume ride instead of a static one. If the Flume on the layout of the Pavilion looked exactly to that one that stood at the Pavilion to a T, then it would have to be static no doubt, so the Faller Flume ride would make do for the model Pavilion layout's Flume ride. Remember, i'm creating the Pavilion what it looked like in the late 1980's, precisely 1988...so i'm going to scratchbuild or get some kind of cloth-like material to do the tents where Sky Tracker and Mind Scrambler were.

Am i going to actually have a Scrambler and a Trabant inside those tents?, no, there will just be tents, and the que line / rails for the enter and there was no exit rails, just exit doors on those 2 rides back then. People's imagination thinks there will be the rides in them tents, but there won't be, money saved to put on other various features of the layout like Palm trees and them street lamps up front of the park. The CorkScrew will be static, i plan on getting a coaster builder to make me an exact copy of that one that stood at the Pavilion.

Back to the subject of the Faller Flume ride, i sure hope Faller hasn't discontinued it, as i would like to get it sometime soon. Thanks for any info. on it.

~Ben
natet_2003
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 9:20:18 AM
It's not discontinued.

One was just on EBAY from a store for But it now $175.00

It's a great kit by the way,noisy though.

Email abusyboy(A supplier for Faller rides)on EBAY and he will probably order one for you.
Older Ebay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FALL...WDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem 
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 82.08% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, September 28, 2007 3:24:54 PM
Faller has a mod or upgrade kit for the Flume. If I find the kit # I'll add it to this post. I think it includes new lift hills and belts.
I have a partially assembled flume kit which I may convert to a static [dry] model of a Reverchon portable flume. I decided I really don't want to mess with water anywhere near the rest of my models.
skydiver77
  •  skydiver77
  • 66.38% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Friday, September 28, 2007 9:18:05 PM
Yeah, the water can be a hazard to the other rides on the layout, that's very true. I've not that of it like that, but plan on getting it anyway, and just keep it at a distance from other rides on the layout.

~Ben
abusyboy
Friday, October 26, 2007 3:32:21 PM
Well this is Abusyboy . I am the guy selling the Faller ride models on ebay. I will be happy to order any of the Faller kits that I do not have in stock. My prices are the lowest around for Faller kits. I am low on stock now but will be receiving an order from Faller in a few days.

Thanks
http://stores.ebay.com/E...AN-MODEL-TRAIN-IMPORTERS 
A Busy Boy
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, October 26, 2007 3:55:35 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by abusyboy

Well this is Abusyboy . I am the guy selling the Faller ride models on ebay. I will be happy to order any of the Faller kits that I do not have in stock. My prices are the lowest around for Faller kits. I am low on stock now but will be receiving an order from Faller in a few days.

Thanks
http://stores.ebay.com/E...AN-MODEL-TRAIN-IMPORTERS 

Kool store....I like the pics of the opend stuff so you can get a idea what all is there....kool videos too....Now I might break down and buy some of them....
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 82.08% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, November 5, 2007 3:23:57 PM
Faller Flume is in current Walthers Sale Catalog, November 2007.
Regular $299.99, sale $229.98. #272-140430 on sale thru 12-31-07.

abusyboy
Benjibear
Monday, November 12, 2007 2:26:43 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by abusyboy

http://stores.ebay.com/E...IN-IMPORTERS?refid=store 
Thanks

Why not buy it through your local hobby dealer? Your local hobby dealer will special order it from Walthers at the sale price and some may even give you additional discount. Even without the additional discount the price isn't much more then what you buy an on-line retailers.
I think it is sad that people will run to their local hobby shop for things like glue, paint, scratch building supplies, etc. but when it is time for something larger, they run to the internet to save $5. Give the local guy a chance. He is there providing a service to you for your small items but then when he has a chance to make a buck, you shut him out.
Now if you don't have a local hobby shop, that is a different story.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Skywheelrider
Monday, November 12, 2007 12:40:09 PM
That's his point-even at the Walther's SALE PRICE, his prices are still a lot better, even with shipping added in. I agree some hobby shops will give you a discount over and above the Walther's sale (or non-sale) price, but I doubt they could match his prices. He is trying to make a buck like everyone else. So he does not have a stand-alone, brick and mortar building, he chooses to have his "store" online, what's wrong with that? Are you going to knock everyone who sells online instead of having a store in an actual building? And by the way, you can buy glue, paint, etc. online as well just as easily, and sometimes cheaper than the local hobby shop. And besides, some folks are in areas with no local hobby shop around, so what do you suggest they do? Okay, rant over.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
powersbt
  •  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, November 12, 2007 1:16:42 PM
There's advantages to both sides of the coin. For me, it is easier to get stuff online, because I work at Night, and pretty much do Everything at night, and of course the Local Hobby Shop is not open then. I pretty much have to make a Special Trip whenever I want to go there. That involves an extra trip, close to the distance that I normally would go to work.

When I tackle big projects, such as my Bunkhouse Project, I prefer to buy the stuff online because for me it is convenient. Also, everything comes right to my door, no special trips needed. Also, anything out of Stock, I usually know instantly allowing me to figure out an alternative part or option before the Order is Finalized. Using an Online source also eliminates the extra cost of Sales tax. Yes, you pay Shipping Charges, but they tend to be less than the cost of taxes, especially with the bigger orders.

I use the Hobby Shop for the "Necessities." I always buy my CA there, Paintbrushes, some paint, any Styrene Supplies. I do from time to time Special Order stuff from them, especially if I need the Stuff ASAP. They can get me items faster by Special Ordering than me placing an Online Order. And yes, they will often give a discount. They have times in the past given me a Discount to offset the Sales Tax.

The problem with Walthers is that their prices are High. Just about any place else you look you can find the same product at a cheaper Price.
What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
Benjibear
Tuesday, November 13, 2007 2:28:19 AM
My dad is semi-retired after over 40 years in the hobby bussiness. He saw his bussiness dwindle as more people started buying mail order and later on the internet. He did see this and started to discount to compete.

Another problem was "basement" operators. These are the guys that have regular jobs and they start selling stuff out of their home (and now with the internet). These guys are worse then the mail order places because many times their philosophy is as long as they can sell it for their cost they were ahead because now they can buy at dealer cost.

After this what happened was the same customers would come in but now they were only buying the small stuff (neccessities) or asking for stuff that isn't available. My dad would often overhear customers talk of how they order from here or drive an hour to a basement operator. After considering shipping or driving costs, it was very little money saved.

It is true that you can order anything from the internet. Some people that don't have local hobby shops really have no choice. For me I enjoy going to a local hobby shop. Sometimes you find products that you didn't know were available or you get modeling ideas. Having a brick and morter store is a service to the modeler that you can't get on-line.

The problem with Walthers is their primary purpose is a manufacturer and distributor to small shops. They purposely keep their prices at the list prices.

I know everybody has different reasoning for buying where they do and I can respect some of the reasoning. However, if you have a local hobby shop close by that you visit for your neccessities, shame on you for not buying larger stuff from him. In a few years when he can't compete anymore and goes out of bussiness, you will probably be the one complaining how you only need one bottle of paint, or strip of styrene and you have to order on-line with minimum purchases and shipping.

Support your local hobby shop!!

It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
abusyboy
Thursday, November 15, 2007 10:53:57 PM
I felt like I needed to post a reply to BenjiBear. I completly understand your point on this topic. I myself enjoy going to my local hobby shop to see the products in person and to talk with the people there. However, Faller products are not carried by any of the hobby shops in my area and the ones that do carry Faller do not have any of the rides. So out of neccessity and not wanting to pay the high prices of the few large internet hobby shops that do carry the Faller rides, I decided to import them myself. When I get an order from Europe, it costs me about $1,000 for shipping and import fees not to mention the cost of the EURO. So even with all of these costs, I can still manage to make a profit. The reason is Walthers is the only person Faller will sell too, there is no other importers except them. I manage to get around this by buying form a German distributor and that was hard to find. So believe me, I go to a lot of effort to provide these products and I try to keep my costs low so more people can afford to model these rides.
A Busy Boy