•  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman Topic Starter
Friday, September 7, 2007 7:56:51 PM
Just delivered to a russian park, cortosey of screamscape.com

http://www.screamscape.com/html/zamperla_-_russia_0.htm 

Another remake!!
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
robh
  •  robh
  • 50.06% (Neutral)
  • Operations
Friday, September 7, 2007 7:59:09 PM
reminds me of the rok and roll [;)]
Trucker090
Friday, September 7, 2007 9:15:20 PM
Yes very simular tothe Rok n Rol. But only 2 to a tub instead of 4..
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, September 8, 2007 2:03:26 AM
I noticed that the rider pulls a lever to make the tub revolve. I like the sweep system with tires on the ends, that was something the orig. RNR needed.

The Calypso Swing looks like a winner.
UserPostedImage
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, September 8, 2007 2:31:43 AM
I love it I think it's Badd A.SS!!

If they can TM it and keep the cost down, I think it will sell here.
Greg
  •  Greg
  • 55.58% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, September 8, 2007 5:20:32 AM
I always thoought the Rok-N-Rol was a good piece, but I havent seen very many of them. Was the reason it isn't still in production (like the Zipper for example) because the ride was too intense? Were there a lot of accidents? Chance has produced many many different rides over the years, the Zipper & Yo Yo are basically unchanged, the Trabant & Flying Bobs got a major update, but what happened to the Rok-N-Rol?
My albums are all on Facebook!
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, September 8, 2007 6:03:55 AM
design is similar to the Herschell Looper, the original rok n rol. Loopers had a big wheel next to the tub which rode on a track & tubs held two with passenger controlled looping.
Benjibear
Saturday, September 8, 2007 6:47:03 AM
I think the rok'n'rol was too big for what the ride was. Those seats were hard to move on the ride and because of them being heavy and bulky they got beat up. You still see that ride on some smaller shows because it is inexpensive. I saw a couple this year that looked really good. Large shows don't appear to perform major restorations and usually only want to slap some paint on the ride. They seam to sell off their older pieces and rotate their rides. Maybe if it is made in a trailer version we will see a few of these around.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
BSA Mike
Saturday, September 8, 2007 7:41:52 AM
when ryan said another remake i thought it was going to be picks of the Mini Skateboard or Mini Mini Skateboard that they have sitting in their shop in NJ, one the same size as the rockin tug and one the same as the mini tug..
rsdoran
Saturday, September 8, 2007 9:40:31 AM
Chance came out with the Wagon Wheel which was TM and all hydraulic, they made it kind of hard to work at first though. Had some bad seals in the first models and when replacing many would scar the cylinders piston which in turn would tear up the new seals. They also only gave the ride one T-bar to load the tubs on or off the trailer, made it real slow on setup/slough.

When I took over the one on United I had to fix all the lift cylinders, made T-bars for each tub, and determined there was a simple way to place the tubs that made sloug or setup even easier. Outside of that it had very few problems, was single trailer and easy slough.
Rockowheel
Saturday, September 8, 2007 9:53:36 AM
Awesome looking remake of the Looper/Rok n Roll. Personally I would prefer it to be elevated instead of ground level, but the flash and lighting look great.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, September 8, 2007 11:26:54 AM
The AH Looper was a prize to move, even the pins were heavy.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, September 8, 2007 4:17:38 PM
Benji
You are spot on about the tubs being ranged up and basically it is from those damn strap irons on the floor.

BTW, the brake system took 1957 Chevy master cylinders. It was a good ride, just not engineered very well.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Benjibear

I think the rok'n'rol was too big for what the ride was. Those seats were hard to move on the ride and because of them being heavy and bulky they got beat up. You still see that ride on some smaller shows because it is inexpensive. I saw a couple this year that looked really good. Large shows don't appear to perform major restorations and usually only want to slap some paint on the ride. They seam to sell off their older pieces and rotate their rides. Maybe if it is made in a trailer version we will see a few of these around.

UserPostedImage
Trucker090
Saturday, September 8, 2007 9:30:59 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

I noticed that the rider pulls a lever to make the tub revolve. I like the sweep system with tires on the ends, that was something the orig. RNR needed.

The Calypso Swing looks like a winner.

Tires are between the sweeps!!
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, September 9, 2007 5:54:53 AM
Great looking remake........