RRSHOW1
  •  RRSHOW1
  • 57.26% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, August 26, 2007 4:23:54 PM
Just spent a couple of weeks in Tennessee with my son on CVS and wandered around taking pictures. It brought back a lot of memories of the 70's for me!
RRSHOW1
  •  RRSHOW1
  • 57.26% (Neutral)
IndianaTED
Sunday, August 26, 2007 5:25:05 PM
I really appreciate the oppurtunity to see this side of an enterprise, something I normally would never get to see. If they never have any intention of using this equipment again, they could make some money just by listing pieces such as; Ferris Wheel seats, kiddie ride cars, helicopters, Dodgem cars, etc., on EBAY.

From my amateur eyes, looks like they have one Sky Wheel still on the trailers, plus another Sky Wheel in pieces spread out in box trailers and just on the ground. I know that I even spotted a piece or two from the former Royal American Shows. Is the original Seattle Wheel still being refurbed up north? And does CVS still retain ownership of it?

Thanks RRSHOW1 for the great photos!
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
Flying Coaster
Sunday, August 26, 2007 5:28:39 PM
By the looks of the Skywheel parts in pics 57, 69 & 70, it appears maybe they scrapped the trailers on one.
Did you see the Space Wheel anywhere?
All Skywheels should be yeller.
Trucker090
Sunday, August 26, 2007 5:58:41 PM
Now thats a real carnival graveyard!! Some big bucks going to waste there. I bet flamo would have a ball refurbing some of that stuff!!
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, August 26, 2007 6:14:59 PM
I wouldn't know where to start. Kinda looks like heaven to me. A small crew and the pieces there would be rebuilt/refurbed, parted out or scrapped. There's money to be made there.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Matt C.
Sunday, August 26, 2007 10:51:13 PM
IndianaTed,

The Seattle Wheel was purchased by McDonagh's Amusements and is being refurbished by them as we speak. JustinJames could tell you more about this..

Thanks for posting the pics RRSHOW! Very cool to see.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
babyhughie
Sunday, August 26, 2007 11:06:38 PM
#2909 looks like the center trailer?
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Flying Coaster

By the looks of the Skywheel parts in pics 57, 69 & 70, it appears maybe they scrapped the trailers on one.
Did you see the Space Wheel anywhere?

Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, August 27, 2007 5:28:33 AM
Excellant album. Took a long time to view. Some of that better be sold soon as the value is quickly leaving. So much to scrap too.
UserPostedImage
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, August 27, 2007 5:43:58 AM
Very cool to see their winter q.....nice building to work in ! My favorite pic has to be the boat on top of the van load.....lol....got to be a story there.
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Monday, August 27, 2007 6:23:11 AM
excellent pics!!!
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, August 27, 2007 6:59:19 AM
Thanks for the look. Did you happen to see any Fly parts layin' around?
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
RRSHOW1
  •  RRSHOW1
  • 57.26% (Neutral)
Monday, August 27, 2007 7:50:28 AM
No Fly parts. Spacewheels are in this album:http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=refreshPhotos&albumID=560318701&security=YWVpSx
I felt like Flamo & wished I could spend the winter just rooting & fixing stuff up, but sadly most of it is pretty far gone.
Jackpotter
Monday, August 27, 2007 9:57:10 AM
Been to the CVS WQ/Shop several times. Have always been treated well by JD and Jeremy when stopping by there.

Still have one of the Wave Swingers I see. Is that Spider a new CVS purchase?

Also, in several of those old trailers in the graveyard there are some classic pieces. The RAS Calypso is one of them.
choosh104
Monday, August 27, 2007 6:03:23 PM