cny_chris
  •  cny_chris
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Friday, August 10, 2007 10:15:16 AM
From one of today's news stories:

http://www.mlive.com/news/aanew...538277310.xml&coll=2 

引用:

quote:


E.J. Brown, executive director of the Michigan Association of Fairs and Exhibitions, questioned why the criminal background check required by the city of Brighton for such events is applied to just "one facet" of the event and not across-the-board. "I'm not questioning the legality of it, but why they only selected the carnival ride company, and not the rest of the vendors and exhibitors and volunteers," he said.


"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, August 10, 2007 10:18:37 AM
Finally someone is waking up. Now if security steps up on the midway looking for child molesters.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Benjibear
Friday, August 10, 2007 11:00:37 AM
Very true. You can have a child molester traveling with the carnival, other vendors, locals, violunteers etc. They should make everyone go through it.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
gruelurks
Friday, August 10, 2007 12:12:30 PM
More forum discussions from the people in the area of Brighton 

I have seen in some of the topics at this forum that a few of the town people actually side with the carnival, and wonder why the underage girls were not charged with Minor In Possession.

The other interesting thing is, even if his name was on the list, a conviction for a concealed weapon in his past is not any indication that he was a child molester or prone to sexually assulting young teenagers.

Shoot, the list of known sex-offenders living in their town is more concerning than what any background checks on the carnival would show by far.
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, August 10, 2007 12:45:42 PM
引用:

quote:


Originally posted by Benjibear

Very true. You can have a child molester traveling with the carnival, other vendors, locals, violunteers etc. They should make everyone go through it.

If they do that , then they need to check all the patrons coming in. Maybe if they made a new law that anyone convicted of molesting a child should be made to have a big tattoo on their forehead that says "MOLESTER". Problem solved.[:D]
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, August 10, 2007 1:02:41 PM
引用:

quote:


Originally posted by 42WLA

引用:

quote:


Originally posted by Benjibear

Very true. You can have a child molester traveling with the carnival, other vendors, locals, violunteers etc. They should make everyone go through it.

If they do that , then they need to check all the patrons coming in. Maybe if they made a new law that anyone convicted of molesting a child should be made to have a big tattoo on their forehead that says "MOLESTER". Problem solved.[:D]



One state, Ohio I think, is proposing sex offenders a license plate that is in HiLite colores such as green or orange. Looks like the man will get his money. Let's hope the police chief is called in and has to reemburse the city for 'being stupid and over reactive'.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Bowler Roller
Friday, August 10, 2007 1:40:21 PM
Or better yet, don't do any background checks and watch your freakin' kids. It's called parenting. It's not that hard. You could take your kids to a child molester convention, and they'll be as safe as they are at home, if you just keep an eye on them.

No parent should ever let their kids run free on a midway, and expect everyone but themselves to babysit them.


Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, August 10, 2007 2:09:04 PM
引用:

quote:


Originally posted by Bowler Roller

Or better yet, don't do any background checks and watch your freakin' kids. It's called parenting. It's not that hard. You could take your kids to a child molester convention, and they'll be as safe as they are at home, if you just keep an eye on them.

No parent should ever let their kids run free on a midway, and expect everyone but themselves to babysit them.



Thank You!
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
Bowler Roller
Friday, August 10, 2007 3:05:29 PM
You're welcome.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, August 10, 2007 3:11:34 PM
引用:

quote:


Originally posted by Bowler Roller

Or better yet, don't do any background checks and watch your freakin' kids. It's called parenting. It's not that hard. You could take your kids to a child molester convention, and they'll be as safe as they are at home, if you just keep an eye on them.

No parent should ever let their kids run free on a midway, and expect everyone but themselves to babysit them.



That's how it used to be but today the only parenting done is to complain when the village doesn't raise the child and then sue the village when something goes wrong......................................
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Bowler Roller
Friday, August 10, 2007 3:16:40 PM
And some people call that progress. I call it societal suicide. But who cares if we have rights, we're only carnies. We don't really count.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
rsdoran
Friday, August 10, 2007 3:58:41 PM
I do not think it is that simple. We are not always talking about under the age of 12, things happen to teens too. The problem is teens have to be allowed to be on their own to a point, otherwise they do not learn to be responsible etc etc.

The only problem I have with background checks is what are the boundaries? What prevents someone from being able to work?

As I have mentioned I can understand the sex offender thing when children are involved but are all convictions going to put a shadow on people i.e. they are capable of being a sex offender because they stole a car or ?
gruelurks
Friday, August 10, 2007 4:26:33 PM
Background check for fest workers awaits signature 

Way to IL., hope you check all your f***1ng priests, teachers, and social workers as well, you two-bit jags.
Trucker090
Friday, August 10, 2007 5:21:36 PM
引用:

quote:


Originally posted by gruelurks

Background check for fest workers awaits signature 

Way to IL., hope you check all your f***1ng priests, teachers, and social workers as well, you two-bit jags.



Also Police, Firemen, City workers, Judges, Lawyers, Doctors, Mayor, Even the Editor of the newspaper
Go EJ Brown!!!
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
Bowler Roller
Friday, August 10, 2007 5:25:08 PM
Too bad the industry can't band together and boycott all fairs in Illinois.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum