Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 6:59:30 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

I seen owners toss spot help into a balloon store and teach them collection....then wonder why there is beefs....

Collection joints are one of the big reasons the joint business has gone south.
Sixcats have nine lives
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 8:19:53 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Sixcat

Quote:

quote:

I seen owners toss spot help into a balloon store and teach them collection....then wonder why there is beefs....

I wonder how many class agents are still left out there?
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
magfly
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 11:58:41 AM
Oh please a collection joint is no different than any other trap ,its the agent behind the counter[:0],I have worked build ups for years and have run into smooth players and butchers,Ive met plenty of alibi agents who were heat scores ,and even a few wannabe flat store agents,I really dont think it has a darn thing to do with the joint its the operator !!!and YES there are plenty of bonifide non heat getting lol agents still out there they just dont get the attention that the crack smoking kooks get because their doing something more with their knowledge and stew than making some dealer rich !!!!kudos to all the players out there that are doing well and doing it right [:D]
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by flamo

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

when you cant breathe nothing else matters/please sign you organ donor cards today!! you may save life ; it might even be MINE you are saving/check out www.bluebracelet.info 
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, August 22, 2007 7:41:17 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by flamoI wonder how many class agents are still left out there?

Very few and far between.
Sixcats have nine lives
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, August 22, 2007 7:58:24 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by magfly

Oh please a collection joint is no different than any other trap

I beg to differ. With the old alibi or flat joints, you never taught a green guy the joint. He had to work his way up starting with hankys and prove his self over time before you'd teach him the well kept secrets of the trade. Now they take green help that never worked any joint and turn him loose to heat up the midway. Some midways, and I'm not naming them, are toast now. Hanky's can't cut it around a collection midway but they made money back on well run midways of the past flat's or not. Maybe some of you are so young you don't remember or never saw how it used to be.

I'm wondering....... The flat store business grew out of the great depression. I'm wondering if we're heading that way again. I mean, if high priced fuel drives all the prices of goods up and the grosses down, and I mean all business, are we headed to another depression? We're in a very volatile world and any stoppage of the flow of oil would kill our fragile economy. It's like sitting on a keg of dynamite with a short fuse and playing with fire.

Save those razzle boards. Me, I prefer a pin store. [;)]
Sixcats have nine lives
chukaluk
Wednesday, August 22, 2007 2:49:56 PM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Not very many,A high class agent can do better else where. now.
charles keeler
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, August 22, 2007 5:41:54 PM
Please understand, I am not pointing fingers nor placing blame but this is how I see it..............

Back in the day shows were smaller, rides cheaper, joints and food were staples of the midway. Spots were shorter and admissions were almost nil. Somebody, or a bunch of them, figured out there was big bucks to be made and the horse has about been ridden to death. The cut throat that went on then was child's play as compared to today. There were always local folks involved. It was a family fun thing.

Spots now are far longer, why? So the fair board can say our fair 23 days when 14 days would be over doing it? Inspections and insurance? We know where that started. It used to get solved on the lot in most cases. The spot needs 25 rides, we bring in 50 and most are bigger and better and more expensive to buy. Why, we are not Six Flags or any other park. We are supposed to provide an atmosphere that only comes once a year.

With expenses rising, shows are willing to give more so to protect thier interest they book more, charge more, rent and dings I never would have imagined,,(2 Zippers, 3 bumper cars on one midway, pop everyday, open from noon to 2 am) How does a jointee or food guy get his money, right, charge more,use cheaper stock and works stronger. The biggest part of the problem is joints are the bottom of the food chain. In the past some worked so strong they burnt it for everyone else and started regulation that made no sense at all. I don't have any answers, I don't know how to get back to the goods days. Then too, the public we deal with isn't the same. Look and see how much extra help is around on tear down night. People don't want to work, have limited common sense, know it all and feel they are owed a living. Think I'm kidding, look at the lawsuits...........
rsdoran
Wednesday, August 22, 2007 5:56:36 PM
God I wish I could comment but anything I say would debase what was just said....therefore...

ARE YOU CRAZY, how dare you think like that...you are implying...HOW DARE YOU [8D]
POP POP
Wednesday, August 22, 2007 6:50:36 PM
magfly if you only knew how much heat these tub & ballon store crack heads us guys that go back got no heat
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, August 22, 2007 8:19:52 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by POP POP

magfly if you only knew how much heat these tub & ballon store crack heads us guys that go back got no heat

You tell them MR S.
Sixcats have nine lives
magfly
Wednesday, August 22, 2007 10:27:21 PM
If i am understanding your quote correctly ,I do understand there are butchers in the business ,all im saying its not the type of joint thats getting the beaf its the operators ,there are many smooth collection agents out there are many great alibi players and yes there are still some fine grind store operators out there too,and anyone who puts a local in any trap without any education should leave the joint in the back of the truck anyway,
Quote:

quote:

when you cant breathe nothing else matters/please sign you organ donor cards today!! you may save life ; it might even be MINE you are saving/check out www.bluebracelet.info 
midge002
Thursday, August 23, 2007 3:27:31 AM
Quote:

quote:

No patches amymore?Just wondering..haven't been out in years..
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS,
PLEASE, FEEL FREE...TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, August 23, 2007 4:46:03 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by chukaluk

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Not very many,A high class agent can do better else where. now.

My joint requires a license and 8 hours of continuing education every year.I "check up" at the attorny's office,and i get 70% of my action.My "mooches" shake my hand and thank me everytime,and not only that they refer other "mooches" my way.The nut is about 300 dollars a year,although i do have to keep uncle sam up to date so there is some cut-in.
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, August 23, 2007 5:18:21 AM
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, August 23, 2007 6:32:28 AM
Years ago the a guy with a spot joint, on Coleman I think. His joint was 8' as I remember and he always a broad sitting on the counter with a short skirt, low cut blouse, plenty of make up and not bad looking. I hope Sixcat remembers him. Anyway when he called a mark in he used to say, "Hey Stupid.", "Yeah you, come here." The mark usually went over, hot as hell, but always left the joint smiling. Never saw him with a beef and he always made money. I never did figure out why he never got popped but now he was agent, anybody trying that would have created heat. Now we have clerks, have we got to Walmart status?