trucknut751
Friday, July 20, 2007 12:30:22 PM
pass by hiawasse ga tuesday smokey mountain amusements was set up ready to go.for the ga. mountain fair i was suprized when i got there and they had there (skywheel) set up. i had not seen and old classic like that in a long time. i was glad to see somebody still carrys one it look like it was brand new.here is the ride list
skywheel
thunderbolt
spider (one of the best looking ones i seen in a long time)
zipper
wipeout
hurracain
scooter
tilt
scramler
tornato
tempest
roundup
paratrooper
silver streak
kreepie cassle
another fun house (could see what it was from the back)
slide
freedom 2000
dragon wagon

kiddie rides
bumble bees
hamton cars
hampton motocycles
barrals
hampton hellacopters
mgr 3abressed
lady bugs
speedway 500
berry go round
flying scecers
maybe a few i missed there were not many food and game joints in yet but they left open one hole side open for them. they were just putting them in when i whet by the show looked great missing from last year was the pirtate ship and expo wheel and eli wheel but the skywheel made up for that.i know they had there ship and expo up for sale maybe they sold them.
SideWinder
Friday, July 20, 2007 12:40:55 PM
That SkyWheel is PGAM's old one. SMA Bought it
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, July 20, 2007 5:41:12 PM
What is the freedom 2000?
rockin ron
Friday, July 20, 2007 5:47:56 PM
Is Hiawasee still a 2 week spot? Played it 3 times with Larrys Amusements and was there every year on my birthday,August 6.Used to be a real grind spot when I played it 9 a.m. ride calls most days.Sucker midway used to get a lot more play than Carnival Midway.
IndianaTED
Friday, July 20, 2007 6:53:01 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by trucknut751

pass by hiawasse ga tuesday smokey mountain amusements was set up ready to go.for the ga. mountain fair i was suprized when i got there and they had there (skywheel) set up. i had not seen and old classic like that in a long time. i was glad to see somebody still carrys one it look like it was brand new.here is the ride list
skywheel
thunderbolt
spider (one of the best looking ones i seen in a long time)
zipper
wipeout
hurracain
scooter
tilt
scramler
tornato
tempest
roundup
paratrooper
silver streak
kreepie cassle
another fun house (could see what it was from the back)
slide
freedom 2000
dragon wagon

kiddie rides
bumble bees
hamton cars
hampton motocycles
barrals
hampton hellacopters
mgr 3abressed
lady bugs
speedway 500
berry go round
flying scecers
maybe a few i missed there were not many food and game joints in yet but they left open one hole side open for them. they were just putting them in when i whet by the show looked great missing from last year was the pirtate ship and expo wheel and eli wheel but the skywheel made up for that.i know they had there ship and expo up for sale maybe they sold them.




My teenage years were in the 70s. So I have always favored rides that were commonly seen on midways back then. This sounds like a classic 70s midway! I think if you would have asked me before reading this topic, to name 10-12 majors I would favor, this ride list would have matched mine almost perfectly. Now obviously I would have said Trabant instead of Wipeout, and Flying Bobs instead of Thunderbolt, you get my drift. And for them to have and put up a Sky Wheel...if I had to pick an iconic ride to represent that decade, the Sky Wheel would be a perfect advertizement for it.

Makes me want to drive down to Georgia to see this classic midway! I hope someone gets pictures of this Show somewhere down the line. I think I'll check their website out[;)]
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
IndianaTED
Friday, July 20, 2007 6:56:18 PM
NO website! Anybody got pics?
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, July 20, 2007 7:03:58 PM
Im hoping they bring the skywheel to Lancaster sc this year. That is if they are playing our fair this year,I have not found out when our fair is this year. Does anyone have this info?
IndianaTED
Friday, July 20, 2007 8:23:09 PM
There has been a Sky Wheel for sale on www.usedrides.com  for quite awhile now. On the side of the enclosed box part of the trailer says "Smoky Mountain Amusements" on it. You can find it on the "Spectacular" page.
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
Benjibear
Friday, July 20, 2007 11:22:21 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by IndianaTED

There has been a Sky Wheel for sale on www.usedrides.com  for quite awhile now. On the side of the enclosed box part of the trailer says "Smoky Mountain Amusements" on it. You can find it on the "Spectacular" page.



Wasn't there a note that the pictures are not of the sky wheel that is for sale?
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Skywheelrider
Saturday, July 21, 2007 1:39:43 AM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by Benjibear

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by IndianaTED

There has been a Sky Wheel for sale on www.usedrides.com  for quite awhile now. On the side of the enclosed box part of the trailer says "Smoky Mountain Amusements" on it. You can find it on the "Spectacular" page.



Wasn't there a note that the pictures are not of the sky wheel that is for sale?

The ad said the first photo was not the actual Sky Wheel that was/is for sale. It was/is a photo of Mighty Bluegrass Shows' Sky Wheel. The racked photos showed Smokey Mountain Amusements on the trailer boxes.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
trucknut751
Sunday, July 22, 2007 7:19:00 AM
Quote:

Originally posted by rockin ron

Is Hiawasee still a 2 week spot? Played it 3 times with Larrys Amusements and was there every year on my birthday,August 6.Used to be a real grind spot when I played it 9 a.m. ride calls most days.Sucker midway used to get a lot more play than Carnival Midway.
[

/quote]
yes it still is a two week spot from the 18-29

trucknut751
Sunday, July 22, 2007 7:31:22 AM
freedom 2000 is a space rooket ride it looks like a moon rocket
i belive the skywleel smokey has came from pgam but i know it was not the one off used ride.com it was to nice compared to what was on the web site

and haiwasse is abut 120 miles in the north west corner off ga from augusta im guessing a bout the miles but i,m sure it is at least 100
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, July 22, 2007 7:44:45 PM
Has anyone seen the skywheel at any other sma spots this year?
Similar Topics
Users browsing this topic
  • OceanSpiders 2.0