skywheel88
  •  skywheel88
  • 59.08% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Friday, July 6, 2007 9:10:18 PM
What is THE most difficult ride you ever had to put together but successfully did without throwing it against the wall and why? This is for both scratch-builders and kit-builders alike. For me, I would would have to say Seattle Wheel, cars were a real BEAR! Or, you can put together a great ride and totally screw it up with a hack paint job, maybe put it away for a couple of weeks and came up with a total work of art, ever done that? Share your near disasters, remember, WORST ride, but you pulled it off.[;)]
Kenny.

Polypfreak1987
Friday, July 6, 2007 9:48:21 PM
The Faller Octopu$$y. Damn, what a difficult ride to put it together. Right now I have a Faller Ferris Wheel (Jupiter), but it's not done yet. But it also very difficult.
FunFairZone , Reports from Europe
Fairs done in 2005: 21
Fairs done in 2006: 35
Fairs done in 2007: 41
Fairs done in 2008: 18
Fairs done in 2009: 10
Next: Rijnsburg, Abcoude, Voorhout.
SideWinder
Saturday, July 7, 2007 6:49:22 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Polypfreak1987

The Faller Octopu$$y. Damn, what a difficult ride to put it together. Right now I have a Faller Ferris Wheel (Jupiter), but it's not done yet. But it also very difficult.

Whats so difficult about the Jupiter?? I had no problems at all. Took me about 2-3 days on and off to get it all together.
natet_2003
Saturday, July 7, 2007 3:53:10 PM
Getting my Wild Maus to run properly with out the cars flying off and breaking!AGH!!!...lol
chuck walls
Saturday, July 7, 2007 4:05:05 PM
well beleave it or not the faller tea-cups just couldn't get the glue to hold it together, and the turn table was slightly larger had to file down, and also put the motor on the bottom, after all that it runs fine, and had alot of trouble with RAH sky-diver, and now the RAH enterprise it's on the shelve for my sanity, the only other problem is keeping the cars on the music express and the mamath cave, but I keep saying to myself there just kits made of plastic.
chuck walls
skywheel88
  •  skywheel88
  • 59.08% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, July 7, 2007 6:07:34 PM
Chuck, you gotta take some pics of your stuff for me, I am really curious!
Kenny.

Polypfreak1987
Saturday, July 7, 2007 8:49:22 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by SideWinder

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Polypfreak1987

Whats so difficult about the Jupiter?? I had no problems at all. Took me about 2-3 days on and off to get it all together.

Oh my god, that is realy fast, I am almost done after 6 days. I need to make the gondela's now, and then I am done.
FunFairZone , Reports from Europe
Fairs done in 2005: 21
Fairs done in 2006: 35
Fairs done in 2007: 41
Fairs done in 2008: 18
Fairs done in 2009: 10
Next: Rijnsburg, Abcoude, Voorhout.
chuck walls
Sunday, July 8, 2007 2:24:16 AM
OK, I'll make up some slides and post them,
chuck walls
powersbt
  •  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, July 8, 2007 4:21:10 AM
The hardest project I have had to date was the Merry Go Round Trailer. The racking underneath the trailer for the Platforms was time consuming, and pretty trying on the Patience. The way it was built didn't allow me to see how it would turn out until all of the excess materials were removed. The whole project itself was a stab in the dark, but the End Result was achieved.

Hardest project Ride Related would probably be putting the Trailer Axles under the Diver. Had to create the Spring Suspension for the assembly, and then adjust the height so that the axles accepted the weight of the ride since the metal block originally underneath the rear of the ride was removed.
What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
LarsonRingofFire
Sunday, July 8, 2007 6:40:02 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by chuck walls

well beleave it or not the faller tea-cups just couldn't get the glue to hold it together, and the turn table was slightly larger had to file down, and also put the motor on the bottom, after all that it runs fine, and had alot of trouble with RAH sky-diver, and now the RAH enterprise it's on the shelve for my sanity, the only other problem is keeping the cars on the music express and the mamath cave, but I keep saying to myself there just kits made of plastic.

I couldnt keep the cars on my Musik Express either...it no longer is a working model...glue solved that frustration lol. Also my Top Spin didnt really work either because the gear pins just kept breaking (I think it was because lack of oil) but its a static model now, also. lol Im pretty sure I rushed on those models and thats why they didnt work! I will eventually get new ones though and do my very best on them.
Sit down, buckle up, and get ready to SCREAM, its the HIMALAYAAAAAAAA...
chuck walls
SideWinder
Sunday, July 8, 2007 5:21:29 PM
I'll tell ya whats a pain in the ARSE..... those damn Wild Maus Cars you have to assemble. some of those peices are way too small. Good thing the 20 year edition has the cars already assembled....
LarsonRingofFire
Sunday, July 8, 2007 7:12:02 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by SideWinder

I'll tell ya whats a pain in the ARSE..... those damn Wild Maus Cars you have to assemble. some of those peices are way too small. Good thing the 20 year edition has the cars already assembled....

And thats a really good thing because Im getting the Wild Maus 20 yr Edition, and I dont kno if I would have the patients for the small car parts...lol.
Sit down, buckle up, and get ready to SCREAM, its the HIMALAYAAAAAAAA...
natet_2003
Monday, July 9, 2007 4:21:50 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by natet_2003

Getting my Wild Maus to run properly with out the cars flying off and breaking!AGH!!!...lol
And putting the cars together.